The Student Room Group

anyone else stressing about GCSEs?

It's exam month. I'm freaked out. Anyone else in the same boat ????
I'd been trying my best to keep my stress levels under control but I'm actually pretty scared. It's not that I'm not revising because I am (and have been for more than a month) but I feel as if nomatter what I'm doing it's not enough . It's like, the workload isn't difficult to understand but there's just way too much of it and my brain feels like it's going to explode
Anybody have any tips to stop freaking? Or can relate so I know I'm not the only one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Elisha19
I'd been trying my best to keep my stress levels under control but I'm actually pretty scared. It's not that I'm not revising because I am (and have been for more than a month) but I feel as if nomatter what I'm doing it's not enough . It's like, the workload isn't difficult to understand but there's just way too much of it and my brain feels like it's going to explode
Anybody have any tips to stop freaking? Or can relate so I know I'm not the only one?

TRUSTTT MEE I am literally the same rn. I am so scared as well because I really want to do better than my mocks but there's just so much to learn. I think its important to remember that even during the exams on some day's the exam is in the morning, so you have the whole day to revise for the next exam, Just remind yourself that there is still time and yeah. Tbh its "normal" to stress out, but its nice to talk to someone about it and loads of year 11s feel the same way. Good luck tho! :smile:
Chill, i've haven't even started revising properly yet. I should be the one panicking
You better work :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
Reply 4
Original post by dx31
TRUSTTT MEE I am literally the same rn. I am so scared as well because I really want to do better than my mocks but there's just so much to learn. I think its important to remember that even during the exams on some day's the exam is in the morning, so you have the whole day to revise for the next exam, Just remind yourself that there is still time and yeah. Tbh its "normal" to stress out, but its nice to talk to someone about it and loads of year 11s feel the same way. Good luck tho! :smile:

Yeah that's a good point- also the days in between exams are lifesavers!!! I wish I could just calm down but it just feels like everyone around me is so much more organised and calm and confidence and ugh...idk man
I'm still terrified of something coming up in the exams that I'll have absolutely no idea about :s-smilie: or that horrible feeling of half knowing something but not being quite sure /:
I guess the only thing I really can do is take what I've got and just try my best
Anyway,thanks for replying!talking about it actually does help!
What GCSEs are you taking?:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Prosenior
Chill, i've haven't even started revising properly yet. I should be the one panicking

Yeah you might wanna start soon....
What are your predicted grades?:tongue:

i wake up wanting to cry every single day pls end the pain
Reply 7
For me, GCSEs is going to be like a slow motion car crash that spans for one month and 2 weeks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Lol i havent even been revising properly so there you go. Havent even TOUCHED maths and its my worst subject
Haven't started revising either. Cramming works best for me.
Original post by urgurlbecca
i wake up wanting to cry every single day pls end the pain

literally my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah you might wanna start soon....
What are your predicted grades?:tongue:
A's and 7's in Maths and English, yours?
I am also in the same boat as you
Lollllll don't worrryyyy guys! Just drink vodka and you'll be so chill :wink:
Original post by mysticmagic2000
Lollllll don't worrryyyy guys! Just drink vodka and you'll be so chill :wink:

Thanks I'm cured x
Original post by The RAR
I am also in the same boat as you

The boat is going 2 fill with my tears n sink
Original post by Prosenior
A's and 7's in Maths and English, yours?

A/A*s and 7's in Maths and English so basically the same
But at this rate I'm screwed :biggrin:

You have it easier than me, i didn't revise for anything. I started last Friday.

I have 17 exams and have revised for 1.

I have a real GCSE this Thursday and am planning to revise tomorrow for it. For now Maths is a absolute necessity, once i cover all the topics i would have covered 3 more exams. leaving me with B1 last minute cramming as this exam is fast approaching.
Thanks I'm cured x

:smile: Mine are coming up and at this precise moment, I'm lay on my bed listening to Bailando. You just need to keep as calm as possible to get the best results :smile:
Original post by TeamXO
Haven't started revising either. Cramming works best for me.

Yeah some subjects like English I'm literally gonna cram it all the night before because I can't remember quotes and context to save my life

Quick Reply