Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well no offence but all ive got to say to those who are doing or want to do 5 or 6 A Levels (and that doesnt include gen studies) 'Havent u got a life!'. I did great in my A2S and got AAB which i totally didnt expect and im still walking on cloud nine! I think you shouldnt do more than 4 really cos u need a break too-unless you just study all the time, cos unis really only want three or maybe 4 A-Levels. But well done to those who can cope with all 6. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retro chick)
    well no offence but all ive got to say to those who are doing or want to do 5 or 6 A Levels (and that doesnt include gen studies) 'Havent u got a life!'. I did great in my A2S and got AAB which i totally didnt expect and im still walking on cloud nine! I think you shouldnt do more than 4 really cos u need a break too-unless you just study all the time, cos unis really only want three or maybe 4 A-Levels. But well done to those who can cope with all 6. :rolleyes:
    i got 6 As
    i started studying a month before the exams....self taught all subjects throughout two year (im only in year 12) started AS in year 11...and i cant demonstrate it here but i have the most hectic life style u can think of(always out watch every film in the cinema)

y is it that 4 or more alevels confines u with books?? :rolleyes:

mmm...it does seem that doing more than 4 A levels makes you immediately synonymous with studying or learning of some kind

However, all of the sort (besides the extra revision) falls into the similar daily educational timetable as most (I think) and the leisure time is still there - I believe I still have a life :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i got 6 A's at A2 and got A in AS german last year but that was through taking some early. So I had a fairly lazy timetable this year with me just lounging around in the sixth form common room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sideshowbob)
    How many people got 6 A's or better at A-level?
    AAAAAAC the best I could do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    6 As and a C

(Original post by zazy)
    Heyy...that's really good !

Well done !

ReputationRep:
    I guess some universities don't like people who do six A-lelvels (exclude General Study)... Many of them spend too much time on academic subjects and have less extra-activities... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    I guess some universities don't like people who do six A-lelvels (exclude General Study)... Many of them spend too much time on academic subjects and have less extra-activities... :rolleyes:
    i dont and i will say that i spend 70% of the time doing other things than studies...

ReputationRep:
    i don't either. i actually did more extra-curricular activities than most ppl in my year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitecloud)
    i don't either. i actually did more extra-curricular activities than most ppl in my year.
    hiya!
    proves my point that to do more than 4 Alevels doesnt confine u with books...

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Integral Neo, I have a lifestyle that does not seem typically academic... I do not read for leisure, I watch loads of television, I study for maximum of 2 hours a night (including home work time)...

I got 6As and my AS levels...

Apparently the record is 8As!!!:O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I agree with Integral Neo, I have a lifestyle that does not seem typically academic... I do not read for leisure, I watch loads of television, I study for maximum of 2 hours a night (including home work time)...

I got 6As and my AS levels...

Apparently the record is 8As!!!:O
    the record has been beaten by Paul Jefferys this year who got 10 As!!

Times article about him

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.