The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Maths 4MAO 3H/4H Mid 2017 25/05 08/06

Decided to make a thread for the upcoming exams cause why not. Anyone know what's likely to come up?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I did both exams last year!
Right now is the perfect time to start revising!
This is how I would revise maths:
1.Watch videos from Mathsaurus - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUuwecyIK3fgFidRv7bUzMeR5h9yy3QhJ
2.Write notes whilst watching.
3.After watching one video, do past paper question on that particular topic (no. of questions vary depending on how confident you are on that topic)
4.Once you have done this for all the videos, look at the specification for your maths course. Tick off the stuff you've revised (I think it's this one) http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-gcses-and-edexcel-certificates/international-gcse-mathematics-a-2016.html
5.If there are topics on the specification you haven't ticked off, make sure you go over these topics by going on the internet/asking a teacher.
6.Do recent past papers. Work on timing and look at the MARK SCHEME as that is an example of what examiners would want to see in the paper you will do.
If there are any more questions, feel free to ask Good luck!
I'm doing these papers! I usually get about 90 -99 and find them quite easy, but the January 2017 was quite hard (I got 91 and then 81) so I'm expecting a decent paper. I think constructions may come up plus I think the intersecting chord theorem may also come up :smile:
Original post by mysticmagic2000
I'm doing these papers! I usually get about 90 -99 and find them quite easy, but the January 2017 was quite hard (I got 91 and then 81) so I'm expecting a decent paper. I think constructions may come up plus I think the intersecting chord theorem may also come up :smile:

Decent paper? You mean they'll be a bit easier?:u:
Original post by LeiPoorGuyAh
Decent paper? You mean they'll be a bit easier?:u:

Easier, yeah definitely than January 2017. But I guess it's your judgement. Easier to me means more algebra and less questions which require a ruler, except construction which I like weirdly!
Are predictions a thing for these papers?
The january paper was much easier than some of the other past papers.
Original post by mysticmagic2000

Seriously? Same here. Like all the papers I got 100 and then 100 but that paper:angry:
Original post by Aggrawalkriti
Seriously? Same here. Like all the papers I got 100 and then 100 but that paper:angry:

Good luck by the way! You sound like you will ace it, but I don't see how you found the paper hard as you still got a 100! 😂 I'm gonna make an unofficial mark scheme for the whole paper because yolo :smile: What mark do you think it will be for 100 UMS!
Is there a tendency for certain topics to appear on one of the papers rather than the other, or is whether they appear on 3H or 4H essentially random?
got this paper on thursday ahhhhh
If anyone needs help with maths, I would be happy to help. I sat the January 2017 exam and got 98/100 The one thing I would say is to do as many past papers as possible - and I know that everyone says this but it really really does make a difference.
(edited 6 years ago)
Is the content between 3H and 4H pretty much random or do certain topics tend to appear on one or the other?
I think it's all pretty easy to be honest, but I'm so susceptible to making careless mistakes...
Is the content between 3H and 4H pretty much random or do certain topics tend to appear on one or the other?
I think it's all pretty easy to be honest, but I'm so susceptible to making careless mistakes...

i reckon 4h is designed to be a little harder

I was exactly the same I kept making really small mistakes - just make sure you check everything really carefully, even the first few questions. Unfortunately, the content for both papers is for the most part random, but after the first paper, it is easy to guess what will be covered in the second as they really do try and cover the whole syllabus. Best of luck!!
does anyone of you have the complete formula sheet? i seem to be missing a few formulas
Original post by nancy1105
If anyone needs help with maths, I would be happy to help. I sat the January 2017 exam and got 98/100 The one thing I would say is to do as many past papers as possible - and I know that everyone says this but it really really does make a difference.

it would be really nice if u would share all the formulas with us
Original post by frankielogue
i reckon 4h is designed to be a little harder

Both seem equally easy to me. It's my reading comprehension I gotta work on lmao
Original post by math_lover
does anyone of you have the complete formula sheet? i seem to be missing a few formulas

You mean the one you get with the paper? It's on the first few pages of the exam paper. Past papers before Jan 2017 are on the Edexcel site.
Original post by nancy1105

How do you do these questions? I always see them and I know once you understand them they're straight forward but I just DON'T get it...
help pls.PNG

Quick Reply

Latest