The Student Room Group

AS English Literature - Is it okay to make up quotes from literary critics?

I've been doing this since GCSE English, I've always made up critical quotes from other literary authors or whatever. I was just wondering if this was still okay, will examiners really take the time out to search up these quotes and check if they're actually real?

I just never thought they'd do so, since they'd be going through so many papers it wouldn't really be worth their time.

I don't make them sound completely stupid either, for example I could write:

Infact it was Thomas Delaney who wrote in his own essay regarding 1984 that 'Orwell's totalitarian society was a potent warning for the future'.

etc etc.
Any good exam marker would check for it - if they can't find any relevant quote then you won't get a mark for it but it's unlikely that you'd be marked down for it. It seems like a lot of hassle for no marks.
LOL do u make up the names too?
Reply 3
Original post by teenhorrorstory
LOL do u make up the names too?

yeah xd
Original post by Wikia
I've been doing this since GCSE English, I've always made up critical quotes from other literary authors or whatever. I was just wondering if this was still okay, will examiners really take the time out to search up these quotes and check if they're actually real?

I just never thought they'd do so, since they'd be going through so many papers it wouldn't really be worth their time.

I don't make them sound completely stupid either, for example I could write:

Infact it was Thomas Delaney who wrote in his own essay regarding 1984 that 'Orwell's totalitarian society was a potent warning for the future'.

etc etc.

Don't assume examiners don't read! That's very dangerous. I would avoid this approach as frankly it's cheating and sooner or later you'll be found out. Take the time to do some research: at AS it really doesn't need to be much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
All this is so stressful especially when i have to resit resit it 2wice in college😭😭... Can u give any tips on comparing questions on what i should do please? 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zaby786
All this is so stressful especially when i have to resit resit it 2wice in college😭😭... Can u give any tips on comparing questions on what i should do please? 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board and texts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Streetcar AQA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending