The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
THE PROPHETOR!
OK, I agree with you.

But regardless of the depth of devastation, shouldn't the student who made his A offer still be allowed to post without being reproached. If we start judgeing the depth of devastation, how far we will go... "Anybody who has got over a B can't complain!"

The student who made his A offer should have the tact and sensitivity to appreciate that people on a board like this may not have met there offer - and that is a much bigger disruption to there future plans than not getting full marks but still getting into uni.

If individuals have the freedom to, and insist on using that freedom, to post complaints about their results that may have the consequence of making others feel inferior, then people like myself and many others should also have the freedom to post pointing out that such posts could quite severely upset other people. For example, if, on results day, I was having a conversation with two of my friends about results, and one who had got straight A's was complaining that he/she had missed out on full marks by a couple of points, whilst the other one was in floods of tears about not meeting his/her university offer, I would have no problem telling the first friend that their actions are insensitive.

Is that not reasonable?!?
kingslaw
The student who made his A offer should have the tact and sensitivity to appreciate that people on a board like this may not have met there offer - and that is a much bigger disruption to there future plans than not getting full marks but still getting into uni.

i agree, and that's what i said :smile:
Reply 62
DazYa777
you're missing the point, RH wasn't your firm

it wasn't her insurance, she didn't favour her insurance, most people don't.
Yes I suppose you are right... A degree of tactfulness is important.

However, linking back to a point I made early on, where do we draw the line?

My friend rob recieved 3 U's and an E. He has not been asked to come back into yr 13 next year, he is gutted. Does that then mean that someone who just missed a D can't post because it is 'insensitive' to my friend?

But I do agree, a bit more diplomacy would be a good idea. However if you are upset about your results, being diplomatic is the last thing on your mind.

Jay
THE PROPHETOR!

My friend rob recieved 3 U's and an E. He has not been asked to come back into yr 13 next year, he is gutted. Does that then mean that someone who just missed a D can't post because it is 'insensitive' to my friend?

I didn't know we were discussing those missing grades, but rather those who achieved the required grades but are absolutely devastated they didn't achieve 100%.
pinkfairy
aww you did really well imo, an aabb is excellent :biggrin:

Thanky, ignore Dazya he tends to get a little confused now and then. :tongue:
pinkfairy
it wasn't her insurance, she didn't favour her insurance, most people don't.

most people don't? that's pretty funny that seeing as a lot of people i know have had go for their insurance

ironically i havent but you choose an insurance for a reason
Reply 67
DazYa777
most people don't? that's pretty funny that seeing as a lot of people i know have had go for their insurance

Quite.
DazYa777

I cautiously decided to have an insurance just in case I completely failed. Now I regret it. They're creating so much havoc for me now that I've asked them to release me :frown:
waiting2smile
I cautiously decided to have an insurance just in case I completely failed. Now I regret it. They're creating so much havoc for me now that I've asked them to release me :frown:

hehehe me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive got to ring up the guy and give some reasons as to why i should be released :smile:
waiting2smile what excuses did you make so that you could be released?
DazYa777
hehehe me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive got to ring up the guy and give some reasons as to why i should be released :smile:

They've stated they've released me verbally and via email, however have failed to notify UCAS who won't send me a CEF yet. UCASs explanation that due to the influx of admin work my insurance probably won't be able to respond until Monday. I've received an application pack from RH, and have already explained that my response may be delayed but that I certainly am accepting my offer once everything is sorted out. Good luck with yours. Be persistent, they can't force you to go.

Edit: I just said I was unahppy with some of the components of the course, and lied that overall I wasn't sure what course I'd like to study, therefore if they released me into clearing I could make some important decisions (meanwhile I secured one of the last places at RH).
waiting2smile
They've stated they've released me verbally and via email, however have failed to notify UCAS who won't send me a CEF yet. UCASs explanation that due to the influx of admin work my insurance probably won't be able to respond until Monday. I've received an application pack from RH, and have already explained that my response may be delayed but that I certainly am accepting my offer once everything is sorted out. Good luck with yours. Be persistent, they can't force you to go.

ok im not too late or anything am i? at last they said i have a good chance of getting in and i have to ring up the insurance tutor ( admissions ) to release me first.....

god its a complicated process, after all this technology you would have thought! my mum said to leave it till the weekend but i'm going to call later when my dad gets home!
waiting2smile

Edit: I just said I was unahppy with some of the components of the course, and lied that overall I wasn't sure what course I'd like to study, therefore if they released me into clearing I could make some important decisions (meanwhile I secured one of the last places at RH).

this is the stupid thing, explaining it all to them.....? obviously you are calling them because you dont want to go in the FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!

ugh
DazYa777
ok im not too late or anything am i? at last they said i have a good chance of getting in and i have to ring up the insurance tutor ( admissions ) to release me first.....

god its a complicated process, after all this technology you would have thought! my mum said to leave it till the weekend but i'm going to call later when my dad gets home!

If your insurances line is still open, I would advise you to get on the phone now. It took me 6 hours to get through mine with little success and then another 3 hours or so despite being on the phone as soon as the lines opened. Email them as well. Just let your university know you'll be accepting your place as soon as your insurance releases you. Like I said if you want that place really bad, fight for it.
DazYa777
this is the stupid thing, explaining it all to them.....? obviously you are calling them because you dont want to go in the FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!

ugh

It's pretty simple. They cannot force you to go. Say you'd like them to release you, if they ask you why, tell them, even lie if you have to. They will release you, they might be a little difficult but again they can't make you go!
waiting2smile
If your insurances line is still open, I would advise you to get on the phone now. It took me 6 hours to get through mine with little success and then another 3 hours or so despite being on the phone as soon as the lines opened. Email them as well. Just let your university know you'll be accepting your place as soon as your insurance releases you. Like I said if you want that place really bad, fight for it.

my university already knows that i think....... after i've been released what forms do I receive? i receive something from the one i want to go to but what else?
waiting2smile
It's pretty simple. They cannot force you to go. Say you'd like them to release you, if they ask you why, tell them, even lie if you have to. They will release you, they might be a little difficult but again they can't make you go!

kk got to get over this little hurdle now although i have emailed them and consulted the girl at admissions... got to speak to the guy incharge of it all
DazYa777
my university already knows that i think....... after i've been released what forms do I receive? i receive something from the one i want to go to but what else?

You'll recieve your Clearing Entry Form and the form from your chosen university. Then you send both forms back to the Admissions Office of your University.
waiting2smile
You'll recieve your Clearing Entry Form and the form from your chosen university. Then you send both forms back to the Admissions Office of your University.

great advice, think i'll have to wait until monday though..... so you are waiting for your forms now?

i am going to get a call from the doctor ( monday ) at the head of admissions or whatever and he'll confirm my place

Latest

Trending

Trending