The Student Room Group

Will Poland save Europe from Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reality Check
As far as I can see, Joe, it is you who is upset, seemingly about my observation that there have been 178 threads about Islam today. Why does that observation upset you, Joe?

Anyway, have a nice milky bedtime drink. Very soothing, I find.

Upset, no.

Concerned, yes.

I find it quite alarming that some people believe criticism of Islam is off limits.

I find it odd that people would join a forum only to discourage debate.
Original post by joe cooley
I find it quite alarming that some people believe criticism of Islam is off limits.

Who believes that, Joe? Specifically... What evidence do you have that 'some people believe criticism of Islam is off limits'? And who are all these people who are 'discouraging debate'?

I don't find this a common opinion or concern on TSR, so your well-evidenced concerns about this would, I'm sure, be of great interest to the community.
(edited 6 years ago)
Deus Vult!

I find it odd that people would join a forum only to discourage debate.

Are you still looking for that evidence for this big conspiracy, Joe? But surely it's all just there for all to see... I thought I'd have nice long list to settle down with by now - an incontrovertible list of offenders who are attempting to frustrate discussion of Islam on TSR.

I'm sure you'll try your best to find it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Keroli
Maybe young muslims that you know and I know the type you are talking about I know some as well. Those that at weddings secretly drink and hide it from their father but you don't seem to understand that huge portions of the UK Muslim population cannot become like that because they live in parallel societies.

It's not like you can do anything about it, though. What do you suggest the government should do? You can't 'ban' a religion, it's absurd.
Reply 45
Original post by Ciel.
It's not like you can do anything about it, though. What do you suggest the government should do? You can't 'ban' a religion, it's absurd.

Ban immigration from Muslim majority countries would be a good start, a policy which is supported by the majority of Europeans in fact. Secondly you can start by stopping foreign funding of mosques. Thirdly you can stop prisons becoming a breeding ground for fundamentalists by isolating prisoners.
Reply 46
Original post by Keroli
Ban immigration from Muslim majority countries would be a good start, a policy which is supported by the majority of Europeans in fact. Secondly you can start by stopping foreign funding of mosques. Thirdly you can stop prisons becoming a breeding ground for fundamentalists by isolating prisoners.

Immigration from Muslim countries is already pretty restricted - you need a visa etc. It's not a straightforward process. Completely banning it is stupid - not everyone there is a muslim. I agree about the prisons, though.
polish here, most of my family back home hate muslims, ama
Reply 48
Idk about Poland but I know some Polish Muslims.
Reply 49
Doubt Europe needs saving from Muslims...
Think it's the other way around:colondollar:
Original post by OGGUS
Doubt Europe needs saving from Muslims...
Think it's the other way around:colondollar:

Muslims need saving from Europeans...

Yeah, that will be why Muslims flock to Europe in their millions.
Who believes that, Joe? Specifically... What evidence do you have that 'some people believe criticism of Islam is off limits'? And who are all these people who are 'discouraging debate'?

I don't find this a common opinion or concern on TSR, so your well-evidenced concerns about this would, I'm sure, be of great interest to the community.

Are you still looking for that evidence for this big conspiracy, Joe? But surely it's all just there for all to see... I thought I'd have nice long list to settle down with by now - an incontrovertible list of offenders who are attempting to frustrate discussion of Islam on TSR.

I'm sure you'll try your best to find it.

Your parody of his posting style is cracking me up so much :rofl:

There has only been 200k migrants escaping war yet you cry like there is 4 million+....
Reply 53

Well it works both ways:colondollar:
Original post by theoneandonlybob
There has only been 200k migrants escaping war yet you cry like there is 4 million+....

You need to educate yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/02/refugees-welcome-uk-germany-compare-migration

On Monday, Angela Merkel said Germany expected to take at least 800,000 asylum seekers this year. The figure is likely to go up, and could hit 1 million, Berlin says. In 2014 the European nation that accepted the largest number of refugees in proportion to its population was Sweden. Hungary, Malta, Switzerland and 13 other countries accepted more asylum applications than the UK, according to Eurostat.

200k, pure nonsense like the lie that they're all fleeing Syria.

They're fleeing their Muslim homelands, for some reason.
You need to educate yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/02/refugees-welcome-uk-germany-compare-migration

On Monday, Angela Merkel said Germany expected to take at least 800,000 asylum seekers this year. The figure is likely to go up, and could hit 1 million, Berlin says. In 2014 the European nation that accepted the largest number of refugees in proportion to its population was Sweden. Hungary, Malta, Switzerland and 13 other countries accepted more asylum applications than the UK, according to Eurostat.

200k, pure nonsense like the lie that they're all fleeing Syria.

They're fleeing their Muslim homelands, for some reason.

Lie you say? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis
Original post by h333
Idk about Poland but I know some Polish Muslims.

they'd have to be mixed with some other muslims and wouldn't be just fully Polish, cos that just doesn't happen
the only ethnic group in Poland that is involved with Islam are Tatars, which there is only about 5000 of in the country. besides, most of them, like myself, are second/third generation and converted Catholics anyway

edit - apparently more like 20th generation, but whatever
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 57
what was the point of this thread

I think u k new this thread would cause tension and stir :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
Reply 58
Original post by frostyy
they'd have to be mixed with some other muslims and wouldn't be just fully Polish, cos that just doesn't happen
the only ethnic group in Poland that is involved with Islam are Tatars, which there is only about 5000 of in the country. besides, most of them, like myself, are second/third generation and converted Catholics anyway

edit - apparently more like 20th generation, but whatever

Erm no idea. But they are defo fully polish. I mean their family are not mixed etc they have reverted to Islam from Catholicism.
Original post by Reddi6
This is not a racist thread. Islam is not a race, it's an ideology.

So, will Poland save Europe from Islam? Poland would never get invaded by Islam - they hate Islam and would fight to stop Islam invading them.

However, can they save the rest of Europe too?

If you mean saving Britain along with the rest of Europe then I doubt it. Poland like any other European country owes Britain no favours when our own government hates Europe and May is no exception. Europe is like a team and they look after each other.
I mean why would you help a country whoose government hates you?

If there was a huge natural disaster in Britain who is May gonna call? Trump, India, Russia, Australia? Our closest neighbours won't help us and I can't say I blame them, thanks May!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending