rslan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi There!

I am an international mature student trying to decide between Plymouth and Hertfordshire! My reason for these is that they are both a 3 year course, and international fees are extremely expensive.

I have visited Plymouth, and coming from a large city, thought it was a bit too quiet for my liking, but I like the modules and structure of the course over Herts. Herts however, is a lot more central and easier to travel to London and airports when I fly back home for breaks etc. but I did not get a chance to visit the school.

My 1st choice would have been Surrey, but after calculating the tuition and living fees, is far over my budget unfortunately =(

Any advice from current or prospective students on which I should choose?
Thank you so much!
simzx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dear Rslan,

I am a mature student studying at the University of Hertfordshire. I am just finishing my second year. I cannot speak for Plymouth but I have really enjoyed my time here at Hertfordshire so far. The academics are supportive, approachable and always up to date with the latest in dietetics! The new science facilities are excellent and you would be spending time there for several modules! It's super easy to get to London and I have family in the Middle East so I use this to travel! Any questions you have feel free to ask! S x
Herts PG Student Repsdafaf
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey Rslan,

Following on from simzx's post. I sadly don't study the subject. But I can vouch for ease of transport into London. There are two mainline train stations within easy bus ride from campus: Hatfield and St Albans. Both offer quick train links into London.

The campus's are also located near a large shopping center and various supermarkets for ease of supplies.

I don't know if you've been on our website but here are a couple of quick links for you:

http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/dietetics

http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life

I wish you all the best in your studies whichever you option you go for and if you have any further questions I'll do my best to help!

David
gooeybrownie22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by simzx)
Dear Rslan,

I am a mature student studying at the University of Hertfordshire. I am just finishing my second year. I cannot speak for Plymouth but I have really enjoyed my time here at Hertfordshire so far. The academics are supportive, approachable and always up to date with the latest in dietetics! The new science facilities are excellent and you would be spending time there for several modules! It's super easy to get to London and I have family in the Middle East so I use this to travel! Any questions you have feel free to ask! S x
Completely agree! I am currently in my final year and the course at Hertfordshire could not be any better! Don't know about Plymouth, though judging by transport concerns, Hatfield (where UH is) is well connected- only 40 mins away from London, and Luton Airport is literally a 20 minute bus ride- Stansted only 50 mins away. There's also lots of train links in and out of London to from Hertfordshire.

The staff are always so supporting and think they are a major factor to how much I've enjoyed being at the university.

In terms of accommodation, Hertfordshire is reasonably priced- being close to London you would expect it to be a little pricey. But I know they are building LOTS more accommodation this year, so this should make accommodation slightly cheaper, yet still very modern....I believe they've even been nominated for an award for their accommodation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (362)
59.25%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.4%