Has anyone else had a bad experience with their course?

Watch
Rookatt
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey, I am a student who previously completed A-Levels and took up BTEC Applied Science. It's under the new spec so there aren't any revision materials or past papers.

The problem is that the course (compared to my A-Level experience) is really poorly run and there isn't any communication... Our whole course is taught by one teacher who is often sick and has a worse attendance than some of the students. She was hired quickly as our previous teacher left with no warning, and she hasn't done Physics since she herself left school. Often on PowerPoint slides she doesn't understand what she's written. She has only handed back 1 of 6 of our coursework assignments, and our only revision sources are our class notes as not everyone has access to the BTEC Textbook.

My class and I are very much stuck and we don't know who to complain to. We spoke to the head of A-Levels near the start of the year but nothing was done. I feel like I'm wasting my time on this course and I could have gone to uni instead.

I suppose what I'm asking is if anyone has had a similar experience with their college or course, and what did you do about it? Any help would be appreciated x
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Do you have a course convenor or head of department that you can speak to?

I'd basically keep escalating it until somebody takes action as it sounds really poor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.3%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.48%
No (82)
26.54%
I'm not sure (33)
10.68%

Watched Threads