Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham offer:AAA/AABB
    I achieved ABBC (1 B is questionable).
    Nottingham said f-off and take these cast off courses. I said no.
    So there, I'm off to Birmingham to read Economics this september unless a miracle happens and Manchester take me on account of my advisor having close links with them (but this the chance of them saying yes is prob near damn impossible).
    So there .
    Please be nice to me anyone going to Birmingham, I'm emotinally scarred and ignore my negative thoughts for the first 2 hours of uni or so, after that I'll get over it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigJohn)
    So there, I'm off to Birmingham to read Economics this september unless a miracle happens and Manchester take me on account of my advisor having close links with them (but this the chance of them saying yes is prob near damn impossible).
    So there .
    Please be nice to me anyone going to Birmingham, I'm emotinally scarred and ignore my negative thoughts for the first 2 hours of uni or so, after that I'll get over it!!!!
    I'm going Birmingham - the campus is really nice. I've got a friend whos currently in the opposite situation from you (he wants to get into Birmingham and has Nottingham as his backup).

BTW - why do you have an 'advisor'?

ReputationRep:
    no i meant my school careers advisor. For some reason he is VERY well connected.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on make me feel better. surely I'm not the only ukl user who failed himself

ReputationRep:
    oh come on make me feel better. surely I'm not the only ukl user who failed himself
    don't be so negitive you're going to uni man, be proud!

ReputationRep:
    i doubt it.

i have a nice story of my best friend. she's had a rubbish year with depression and family problems... she fell asleep in an exam and didn't turn up for a resit and was very ill at the time (to the poin of very serious self-harm and a lot of prozac being prescribed), she decided in about april she wasn't going to get into pharmacy and had arranged with college to come back for a 3rd tear. she got CCC which she was amazed at (she got a B in the chemistry module she fell asleep in) and so was made up and thought next year would be easier for her as she didn't need to do some exams... this morning bradford (the uni she loved but had put down as her insurance to please her bf) rang her saying that they really wanted her for the course and that they thought she had done so well at interview and got an A in general studies that they wanted her... so she's off to uni without so much as considering begging them to let her in (her first choice was manchester who also rang her and said they would give her a place on a different science course).

just thought it would show you that things can happen for a reason and things do tend to work out for the best...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i missed my offer- i needed one of my subjects to be one grade higher.
    i didn't get accepted n have been ringing uni's to try n get a place on a physio course- i got given a place at uni of east london 2day, but i don't know if i'm going to take it. i mite take a gap year, resit some modules, learn sign language, earn some money and then reapply 4 next year

ReputationRep:
    So there .
    **Raises arm**

I got an offer from Cambridge to do maths: AAA + 1/2 in STEP. I got the 3 As but failed (in spectacular fashion) the STEP, so I'm off to Bath instead. Although for pride's sake I would have liked to have made better of my STEP exams I think I would probably have enjoyed Bath more anyway, and I am really really looking forward to going there in October

ReputationRep:
    So there .
    Birmingham is awesome and often gets better bands than Notts, *grumble*, is well respected and overall is a really good university, often underrated by people on here, well done!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.