the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Wasn't this acknowledged as a mistake at the time?
TercioOfParma
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol, they won't be able to afford their uniforms with that. Dianne Abbott is truly a loonie.
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought it was 250,000 policemen for £80m
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As apposed to cutting their numbers?
Meany Pie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
As apposed to cutting their numbers?
Try finding someone to work for £30 a year.
joe cooley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe Aboot to be a repulsive racist idiot, but even i was embarrassed listening to her befool herself.

Although, anything that prevents Labour gaining power can't be all bad.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In her defense, she followed with saying they'd fund the 10,000 officers with £8,000,000. So they'd be on £8k ...

Why does Corbyn let her represent the party so much in the media? She constantly makes them look stupid.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Meany Pie)
I thought it was 250,000 policemen for £80m
That was the second go. They settled on £300 million. Poor Diane, she was only out by 3 orders of magnitude. That's essentially economic competence from the Labour party.
Meany Pie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
That was the second go. They settled on £300 million. Poor Diane, she was only out by 3 orders of magnitude. That's essentially economic competence from the Labour party.
Perhaps Labour need education reform, so they can learn basic maths.
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The problem for Labour is that BOTH the media narrative and the public perception is that they are not just unfit to govern but actually laughable.

Diane Abbott's interview, from someone who aspires to be Home Secretary, and therefore in charge of our police, just reinforces this damning narrative. No-one is surprised, we all expect such incompetence from Labour.

It is over. There is nothing to be done. May is going to win a landslide majority and Labour will continue to rip its throat out.

A catastrophic defeat will help the left. They hold a lot of the safe seats. It is the right who are going to hurt most in the surviving rump.

More left wing lunacy as the Corbynistas blame the media or Blair for THIS defeat. The right trying to take back control.

Will we ever see a Labour Government again?
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try finding someone to work for £30 a year.
Huh?
joe cooley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by generallee)
The problem for Labour is that BOTH the media narrative and the public perception is that they are not just unfit to govern but actually laughable.

Diane Abbott's interview, from someone who aspires to be Home Secretary, and therefore in charge of our police, just reinforces this damning narrative. No-one is surprised, we all expect such incompetence from Labour.

It is over. There is nothing to be done. May is going to win a landslide majority and Labour will continue to rip its throat out.

A catastrophic defeat will help the left. They hold a lot of the safe seats. It is the right who are going to hurt most in the surviving rump.

More left wing lunacy as the Corbynistas blame the media or Blair for THIS defeat. The right trying to take back control.

Will we ever see a Labour Government again?
LOL.

Lets hope Corbyn is the last nail in the Labour coffin, we may get a party that actually represents the British working class out of the ashes.
DetectivePeralta
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol, it will be a coalition of chaos if these lot ever get into power
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by truffle_999)
Labour is pretty much the only party that represents working class voters esp in the north or liberal middle class voters. Tories represent the privileged.
Nah, mate, they represent middle class, metropolitan, multicultural London luvvies.

If you think Jeremy Corbyn is held in anything other than contempt by 80% of the electorate, including most of the northern working class you obviously can't read polling data.

And have never met any actual working class northerners.
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Labour is pretty much the only party that represents working class voters esp in the north or liberal middle class voters. Tories represent the privileged.
That's the point, the people who want to vote labour can't because there are so many idiots in the party.

This just highlights one of the major problems, how do you vote for someone who's incapable of performing basic arithmetic, and is quite literally plucking numbers out of the air?

You can't vote for someone you have no faith in just because of the colour, or at least you shouldn't.
Meany Pie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Huh?
Didn't you watch the interview?
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't understand. Those who tolerated the labour party under Blair, don't want to tolerate anything under Corbyn. People are now turning their backs as Labour is trying to seek its principles.
Yes, Corbyn has been disappointing, and his leadership not great. Yes, the labour party aren't the best at handling the media. The same can be said of many labour MP's like Abbott. However, this would be a stupid reason for supporting May and allowing her to destroy what remains left of British decency.
And beneath Abbott's mistake with the numbers, there lies a policy that actually makes sense.
I didn't ever suggest voting for May. I can't stand the woman, and quite frankly, I'm disgusted she's in power.

But I really can't bring myself to vote labour, with the state they're in. I'll likely vote green or independent.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Didn't you watch the interview?
I thought you said £30k
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Labour's numbers do make sense. Abbot just fumbled it :facepalm:

"The shadow home secretary stumbled but reversing cuts to capital gains tax would pay for 10,000 extra officers"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ers-make-sense

Also John MacDonald has generally gotten economists to help guide labour policy on the economy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (43)
23.24%
My career doesn't need one (25)
13.51%
I'm sick of studying (38)
20.54%
I can't find a course I want to do (5)
2.7%
I don't know enough about them (13)
7.03%