Most Important Points When Choosing A Uni?

Watch
MasonM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If you had to rank these in order of importance

- Nightlife
- Course Credibility
- Uni Stats (satisfaction etc)

How would it look
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MasonM)

- Nightlife
- Course Credibility

How would it look
- University prestige (i.e. Ranking on reputable tables e.g. Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, Manchester, UCL)

- Course content (no need to study a course with rubbish content)

- Extra curricular activities (student union engagement, night life, good facilities)

- Course credibility (not that important to me since i will be at a decent university studying a decent course)

- Location (not that important to me, as long as the uni provisions are decent enough)

- Uni stats like student satisfaction (zero care about this because it is normally subjective)
AndreasK256
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MasonM)

- Nightlife
- Course Credibility

How would it look
- Nightlife - I like to party!
- Course Content - this is important!! you need to be certain in what you will be studying
- Course Credibility - I wanted a good university but for me it was what I was studying was more important
- Uni Stats (satisfaction etc) - obviously wanted to go somewhere with good satisfaction but hard to judge on just numbers. i visited on an open day to get a better feel
- Location - this was not so important to me as i had not studyed in the uk so anywhere is new!

A friend of mine sent me this to look at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...95752&hl=en_GB

u can put in your top priorities like nightlife, employability and it suggests for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads