Advice please - what course should I firm on UCAS? Watch

Poll: Which should I firm?
Chemical Engineering - University of Edinburgh (£0k fees) (1)
100%
Aeronautical Engineering - University of Glasgow (£0k fees) (0)
0%
Aeronautical Engineering - University of Bristol (£37k fees) (0)
0%
camp14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My deadline for replying to universities is in a few days and I have no idea what I want to do. I may as well firm something for now, even if I reapply.

But which one? I have similar levels of interest in all of them, but what is best in terms of career prospects, salaries, wider range of industries, internationalism etc? I'm also confused as to which course has a bigger future.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by camp14)
My deadline for replying to universities is in a few days and I have no idea what I want to do. I may as well firm something for now, even if I reapply.

But which one? I have similar levels of interest in all of them, but what is best in terms of career prospects, salaries, wider range of industries, internationalism etc? I'm also confused as to which course has a bigger future.
1. Chemical and Aeronautical Engineering are quite different... in terms of career prospects all of them are not bad for your subjects...

2. Since your Scottish Universities are free... having free education has a lot of benefits so definitely take that into consideration.

3. Your university doesn't define who you are... you make your own future- all of them are of similar quality so none of them would be a bad choice

Tagging in Doonesbury who knows more about Engineering compared to me to see if he has anything to add
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
1. Chemical and Aeronautical Engineering are quite different... in terms of career prospects all of them are not bad for your subjects...

2. Since your Scottish Universities are free... having free education has a lot of benefits so definitely take that into consideration.

3. Your university doesn't define who you are... you make your own future- all of them are of similar quality so none of them would be a bad choice

Tagging in Doonesbury who knows more about Engineering compared to me to see if he has anything to add
Nope not really you've covered it

Adding Smack to the tag relay race
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As wolfmoon88 says, chemical and aeronautical engineering are quite different. I think deciding between those two is possibly the main factor.

Secondly, I don't think it's worth paying £37,000 in tuition fees when you can get instead get it for free. However, Bristol probably is a better place to study aero engineering as it does have a lot of aerospace companies located near it. Whether you think it is worth £37,000 extra to study there is up to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.08%
1 (70)
13.89%
2 (65)
12.9%
20.44%
20.24%
5 (88)
17.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise