Revision during wedding season...HELP!

Watch
anonymous0518
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Last weekend, I was at a wedding with my family and it almost took over the whole weekend as I was frantically running around getting ready and the wedding itself was more or less a full weekend celebration. I had to go as it was my close family. The venue itself was about 4 hours away from me so there was no way my parents could leave me at home alone (I'm in year 11 and as we all know exams are SO close!!) I have been revising like crazy of course but last weekend, I did nothing and somehow I feel as though I have forgotten everything. I bought revision to do with me but I didn't have any time to even touch my books.

I had thought that was that and I'd just revise next weekend and catch up at school and get back to normal but I just found out we've been invited to another wedding this weekend. It's not as far as the one last weekend was but I still don't want to travel and miss out on any more days as I have loads of work to do. I can't revise on the way there as revising and making notes in a car is hard!!

I am so stuck and I don't know whether to stay at home the whole day (I don't even know if I am legally allowed) or I don't know whether to go along and miss out on another full day of revision whilst exams are just around the corner. My parents have to go and quite frankly, I don't think they actually understand how much stress I am under to even stay home with me.
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anonymous0518)
Last weekend, I was at a wedding with my family and it almost took over the whole weekend as I was frantically running around getting ready and the wedding itself was more or less a full weekend celebration. I had to go as it was my close family. The venue itself was about 4 hours away from me so there was no way my parents could leave me at home alone (I'm in year 11 and as we all know exams are SO close!!) I have been revising like crazy of course but last weekend, I did nothing and somehow I feel as though I have forgotten everything. I bought revision to do with me but I didn't have any time to even touch my books.

I had thought that was that and I'd just revise next weekend and catch up at school and get back to normal but I just found out we've been invited to another wedding this weekend. It's not as far as the one last weekend was but I still don't want to travel and miss out on any more days as I have loads of work to do. I can't revise on the way there as revising and making notes in a car is hard!!

I am so stuck and I don't know whether to stay at home the whole day (I don't even know if I am legally allowed) or I don't know whether to go along and miss out on another full day of revision whilst exams are just around the corner. My parents have to go and quite frankly, I don't think they actually understand how much stress I am under to even stay home with me.
Hi, have you spoken to your parents and told them this? It would be worth mentioning it and together you might be able to come up with a valid solution so you can get your revision time in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.46%
Okay (114)
29.16%
A bit lacking (148)
37.85%
Not good at all (92)
23.53%

Watched Threads