Is science gcse worth 2 GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1973239
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends what course you're doing.
Most students do 2 sciences (Core science and Additional science). Only rare occasians do people do only 1 science GCSE. Additional science and Core science together means you will have to take 6 exams (last year this was the case). Core science only will be 3 exams. You have the option to do triple science (Biology, Chemistry, Physic) if you're one of the more confident candidates in science (some schools don't offer this though). I did Core science in year 10 and triple science in year 11 so I got 4 GCSE sciences in total.

FYI - 9 exams in total for triple science
(B1,B2,B3 --- Biology GCSE)
(C1,C2,C2 --- Chemistry GCSE)
(P1,P2,P3 --- Physics GCSE)
OR
(B2,C2,P2 --- Addidional Science GCSE)
OR/AND
(B1,C1,P1 --- Core Science GCSE)

This is last year so I'm not sure if any changes were made this year.
Feel free to ask any questions
Tonipilkingtonx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I took core science as my GCSEs and did one of the exams last year in year ten and got a pass. This year I have another science exam so will this mean it is 2 separate GCSEs or will they be averaged? Thanks for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.23%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (75)
28.09%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.6%

Watched Threads