Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will I being trying to do too much? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to go into year 12, but everyone keeps telling me i'll be doing too much work (yes thanks kt and james, i know u both think it and you'll be amazed at this post...)

Anyway, I am going to do german, french, sociology and english literature for my AS levels. From October I'll be learning to drive and we are proably doing a musical at school which i wil lbe involved in. But then I want to learn sign language and spanish.

I am thinking perhaps all of this will be too much, esp with going to the gym three times a week on top of all that. So I'll probably only do either sign language or spanish, but which one should I do? If any? Perhaps it would be better not to do either of those?

I am considering law with languages for uni, so i really would like to learn spanish but sign language also appeals to me as well. I'm soooooo confused, can anyone help me?! Would I find spanish easier as I already am learning german and french, I've heard this helps...Thanks for any suggestions...

ReputationRep:
    I have just got my results and am going to uni this September.

I studied in evening classes for 2 full A-levels in one year whilst holding down a full time 9-5 and going to the gym 3-4 times a week.

My shedule went something like this:

Monday night - 3 hrs class.
    Tuesday night - gym.
    Wednesday night - gym.
    Thursday night - 3 hrs class.
    Friday night - night off / gym.
    Saturday day - recreation / study
    Saturday early evening - gym if Friday night was night off
    Saturday night - pub
    Sunday - study / day off

Got 2 A's in English Language and Government & Politics.

With good organisation it CAN be done.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, I always found free time everyday - quite a bit actually.

ReputationRep:
    hey
    im about 2 go into year 12 too and i have been learning spanish for the past 3/4 years and it is brilliant. It is easy to learn and is spoken not just in spain, but in the majority of central and south america amoung other places. From learning spanish, it is easier to learn italian, portugese and other versions of spanish as they are all very similar. I would definately recomend doing spanish instead of sign language - i do also know some sign language but unless you have any people close to you who are deaf, it is not as rewarding as spanish as you rarely use it (no offence intended). I would definately choose spanish, but it is up too you in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, forgot to say that also if you want to study law with a language at uni, spanish will look extremely good and its fun to learn.

ReputationRep:
    I started to consider both as an option...but I know I probably wont be able to do it. I might start spanish...I can always drop out if I cant cope!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil !*!)
    I'm just about to go into year 12, but everyone keeps telling me i'll be doing too much work (yes thanks kt and james, i know u both think it and you'll be amazed at this post...)

Anyway, I am going to do german, french, sociology and english literature for my AS levels. From October I'll be learning to drive and we are proably doing a musical at school which i wil lbe involved in. But then I want to learn sign language and spanish.

I am thinking perhaps all of this will be too much, esp with going to the gym three times a week on top of all that. So I'll probably only do either sign language or spanish, but which one should I do? If any? Perhaps it would be better not to do either of those?

I am considering law with languages for uni, so i really would like to learn spanish but sign language also appeals to me as well. I'm soooooo confused, can anyone help me?! Would I find spanish easier as I already am learning german and french, I've heard this helps...Thanks for any suggestions...
    nah, you should be fine.

I do six subjects that are rated for my final score. I do gym for 2 hours a day 3-4 times, Train everyday for basketball whether its at QAS or rep and work and study.. its pretty good but if I had anymore Id break. So you should be right. But if anything, keep up Gym as often as you can, increases endorphins.

ReputationRep:

No, I don't think you're doing too much. You've got a good combination of academic work, hobbies and stuff which will look good on your UCAS form.

ReputationRep:
    Start all of them, and then if you find at a later date that you can't cope - you can drop out then. You won't know until you try...

ReputationRep:

You should be fine. You will get free periods in 6th form for extra studying (eg homework).

It is better to start doing all of that and if it is too much drop one of your hobbies. I regret not taking some opportunities given to me at the start of year 12.

ReputationRep:
    Great! Thanks! I might not do sign language...I can always do it in Year 13...oooh decisions decisions, i'm so bad at making them!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.