The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Shared Bathrooms

I really want to go to Durham Uni and I've been allocated to Van Mildert which is mostly shared bathrooms. I was just wondering what are the shared bathrooms like there? Is it like public toilets where there's cubicles or are they like an actual bathroom? What are the benefits and drawbacks to the shared bathroom you have? I've heard stories about there not being locks on the doors so I was wondering if this is the case for you as well.

Thanks
I went to a different college, but they were separate toilet rooms (not like cubicles) and separate showers on each corridor, all with proper doors, walls, etc.
Not gonna lie, I would have preferred an en suit (obviously), and the accommodation is stupid expensive too, but you get used to it. It's fine. It's a bathroom at the end of the day. You'll have a sink in your room in all likelihood.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by faythecat
I really want to go to Durham Uni and I've been allocated to Van Mildert which is mostly shared bathrooms. I was just wondering what are the shared bathrooms like there? Is it like public toilets where there's cubicles or are they like an actual bathroom? What are the benefits and drawbacks to the shared bathroom you have? I've heard stories about there not being locks on the doors so I was wondering if this is the case for you as well.

Thanks

Unfortunately, in many cases you will have to get used to doing your business sitting next to somebody (obviously divided by a barrier), who could potentially be of a different gender than yourself. And sometimes, the locks may be broken/the bog roll missing but you can just avoid those stalls.

Quick Reply

Latest