username2219677
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone have any question predictions for theme 1 and 2?
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kaldrogo123)
Hey there. I'm not sure if you've looked here already but you may be able to find your exam board in the directory (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4645234) and perhaps people on there may be able to offer you their suggestions

Hope this helps
nisha.sri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kaldrogo123)
Are you ready for the exam ? What do you think might come up ?
bubbletea1899
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im doing edexcel economics A for AS level as well and I'm self studying it. I am not sure how to prepare since theres only 1 past paper for reference as well due to the new spec Any tips would be much appreciated !
nisha.sri
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bubbletea1899)
Im doing edexcel economics A for AS level as well and I'm self studying it. I am not sure how to prepare since theres only 1 past paper for reference as well due to the new spec Any tips would be much appreciated !
Have you tried the specimen / June 2016 ? Also econplusdal on youtube is amazing he goes through everything so well !!
I'm also doing the AS and im so scared i hope the exam goes well
bubbletea1899
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nisha.sri)
Have you tried the specimen / June 2016 ? Also econplusdal on youtube is amazing he goes through everything so well !!
I'm also doing the AS and im so scared i hope the exam goes well
alright, thank you so much !!! the exam is so close, i hope its not too hard !!!
nisha.sri
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bubbletea1899)
alright, thank you so much !!! the exam is so close, i hope its not too hard !!!
Same i hope it goes well x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You wont be getting any beautiful questions like the one we had on 2008 monetary and fiscal policy in paper 2 last year

Hopefully you get something near - i think there'll be a 20 on monetary or fiscal (maybe both if you're lucky!) in paper 2.
nisha.sri
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zayn008)
You wont be getting any beautiful questions like the one we had on 2008 monetary and fiscal policy in paper 2 last year

Hopefully you get something near - i think there'll be a 20 on monetary or fiscal (maybe both if you're lucky!) in paper 2.
What about paper 1 ?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nisha.sri)
What about paper 1 ?
Your guess is as good as mine… learn the basics and you're good to go. Elasticises, externalities, consumer & procure surplus, market failures and government intervention… those are usually always the main types of questions and if they aren't they make good evaluation points, so you'll be prepared for whatever comes up! I have a feeling something on oil prices or energy will come up - hopefully that's for a-level tho but I have a strong feeling it'll come up in either AS Paper 1, AL paper 1 or AL paper 3
RevisionGuide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
20 Marker for Micro is bound to be on Market failure and Gov intervention. e.g. public goods and free rider problem (state provision to solve this). Problems with merit and demerit goods (taxation and subsidies for e.g.) Revise all the gov intervention methods. Use the 2016/spec paper to make a plan on both 20 Mark questions that were given (something similar may come up). Use the mark scheme to plan also. Good luck for Monday!
daveman0161
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi guys is this for the 2017 edexcel Economics A paper tomorrow for the AS year?????? How are you guys feeling
youngsuarez
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by daveman0161)
hi guys is this for the 2017 edexcel Economics A paper tomorrow for the AS year?????? How are you guys feeling
I'm feeling a little nervous and unprepared bro
daveman0161
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by youngsuarez)
I'm feeling a little nervous and unprepared bro
Aha not to worry I'm sure you will do remarkable, good luck out there!
oreofethefirst
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So what was on the paper
gulay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is there anyone going into Edexcel Unit 2 macroeconomic performance and policy paper ? What do you guys think the questions will be about ?
vocaloid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was on the AS papers and how did they go?

Hoping for a chance of A Level predictions on here now...... the synoptic paper is going to end me....
truthteller0110
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vocaloid)
What was on the AS papers and how did they go?

Hoping for a chance of A Level predictions on here now...... the synoptic paper is going to end me....
It was good, first paper was about cigarette, e-cigs that sort of thing and how the govt intervenes. 2nd paper was about economic growth, productivity current account deficit
ABCgcseABC
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
anyone got their hands on the macro paper yet?
joe421
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by truthteller0110)
It was good, first paper was about cigarette, e-cigs that sort of thing and how the govt intervenes. 2nd paper was about economic growth, productivity current account deficit
thank you!!!!! you are a G-O-D
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads