The Student Room Group

AS Level Psychology AQA Predictions 2017 Paper 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shoaibm11
LoL. how didn't you get the pie. it looked like a third, which is 33%. so I put 33% and 67%. Otherwise, it was a good paper.

I don't even know xD
I came out and it just sorta clicked, I had an idiot moment. At least everything else was great!
Reply 21
Original post by shoaibm11
LoL. how didn't you get the pie. it looked like a third, which is 33%. so I put 33% and 67%. Otherwise, it was a good paper.

It was closer to 30% that a third, it was just too small to be a third, you can tell by looking how close it is to 25%
Any predictions for tomorrow's exam?
Reply 23
The origins of psychology, Wundt, introspection and the emergence of psychology as a science.The emergence of cognitive neuroscienceThe divisions of the nervous system: central and peripheral (somatic and autonomic)The structure and function of sensory, relay and motor neurons.The function of the endocrine system: glands and hormones.The fight or flight response including the role of adrenaline.Definitions of abnormality (learn them all)The behavioural, emotional and cognitive characteristics of phobias, depression and OCDThe behavioural to explaining phobias (two process model)The cognitive approach to explaining depression (Beck’s negative triad Ellis ABC Model)Biological therapies for OCD: drug therapy.This was from: https://www.loopa.co.uk/as-psychology-unit-2-predictions-may-2017/
Original post by jenifer.niazi
Any predictions for tomorrow's exam?

For the approaches, maybe one of the learning approaches (behaviourist or Banduras bobo doll experiment for SLT) because they didn't come up last year.
Not sure about the rest.
Reply 25
Seeing as the 12 marker was in the Psychopathology section last year, do you think it will be in the Approaches Section this time?
Original post by Sahaam
Seeing as the 12 marker was in the Psychopathology section last year, do you think it will be in the Approaches Section this time?

Hmm you raise a good point. In that case, I think the 12 marker could be on the behaviourist approach.
Really hope the 12 marker is on the behaviourist approach.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That paper was pretty decent. The only question I was unsure about was the Adil question :biggrin: about inferences. What did you put for that question?
what was the full question ?:smile:
What did people put for the fight and flight question and the teaching children to pick up litter. (I did by giving them rewards =pos reinforcement and then a punishment if thwy dont pick up the litter)

Also, for SLT essay i did vicarious reinfotcement and identification then linked it in to the stem. Then i outlined the bobo study and did three AO3 points. Does that sound ok?

Also for research methods what did u put for the question on the purpose of counterbalancing?
Original post by MilenaKaterina
What did people put for the fight and flight question and the teaching children to pick up litter. (I did by giving them rewards =pos reinforcement and then a punishment if thwy dont pick up the litter)

Also, for SLT essay i did vicarious reinfotcement and identification then linked it in to the stem. Then i outlined the bobo study and did three AO3 points. Does that sound ok?

Also for research methods what did u put for the question on the purpose of counterbalancing?

For the fight and flight i spoke about what it is briefly (reacting to a situation where your in danger or where you need to react face) and then spoke about adrenaline being released from adrenal glands, heart beats quicker (increase in O2 ) circulations stops in stomach an bladder, so more blood/oxygen goes to muscles. I also said pupils dilate so you can see clearer.

The one about litter, i spoke about the same. Positive reinforcement - reward- so child picks up litter to gain reward. Then negative reinforcement-punishment-so child then decides to pick up litter to avoid punishment and gain reward.

Then the essay I spoke about positive and negative reinforcement, spoke about how the social learning theory takes place so observing behaviour...then copying/imitating and storing in LTM, then finally the dodo doll study, then limitations and positives of the SLT

For the counterbalancing bit, i waffled a bit but just spoke how counterbalancing avoids errors in second experiment due to doing the previous experiment then the second right away. Spoke about order effects and stuff like that
Original post by Lauren9699
For the fight and flight i spoke about what it is briefly (reacting to a situation where your in danger or where you need to react face) and then spoke about adrenaline being released from adrenal glands, heart beats quicker (increase in O2 ) circulations stops in stomach an bladder, so more blood/oxygen goes to muscles. I also said pupils dilate so you can see clearer.

The one about litter, i spoke about the same. Positive reinforcement - reward- so child picks up litter to gain reward. Then negative reinforcement-punishment-so child then decides to pick up litter to avoid punishment and gain reward.

Then the essay I spoke about positive and negative reinforcement, spoke about how the social learning theory takes place so observing behaviour...then copying/imitating and storing in LTM, then finally the dodo doll study, then limitations and positives of the SLT

For the counterbalancing bit, i waffled a bit but just spoke how counterbalancing avoids errors in second experiment due to doing the previous experiment then the second right away. Spoke about order effects and stuff like that

Sounds like we included similar stuff.
thats good!!!
Original post by Abirella
That paper was pretty decent. The only question I was unsure about was the Adil question :biggrin: about inferences. What did you put for that question?

I said something like 'Mental processes and thoughts are private and cannot be directly be observed. The scientist can use an individual's external behaviour to make inferences on what is going on inside their head.'
Sounds like a less fun version of 'Inside Out' tbh.
Hey guys I'm doing Alevel psychology and was just wondering what your 12 markers were for each paper? :smile: Thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending