Kingagol
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently studying a-level psychology (ocr) however I want to change schools as I am really unhappy with it, but there's one problem, the colleges around me only do aqa psychology, can I go into year 13 and continue psychology or do I have to retake year 12 (I am currently in year 12 btw)?
greghayes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kingagol)
I am currently studying a-level psychology (ocr) however I want to change schools as I am really unhappy with it, but there's one problem, the colleges around me only do aqa psychology, can I go into year 13 and continue psychology or do I have to retake year 12 (I am currently in year 12 btw)?
I'm doing AQA psychology (year 13) and last year's AS "exams" didn't count for anything towards the final grade anyway as it is still assessed this year, so you won't have to sit an AS exam but will still have to learn "AS" stuff as it will also be examined this year. The college may ask you to resit the year or may just make you sit in an AS class and ask you to learn it all in 1 year instead so you'll do all your A Levels with everyone else in your year. This is the breakdown and when it is learned:

Paper 1:
Social Influence, Memory, Attachment, Psychopathology (all paper AS)

Paper 2:
Approaches (AS+A2), Biopsychology (AS+A2), Research Methods (AS+A2)

Paper 3:
Relationships OR Gender OR Cognition & Development
+
Schizophrenia OR Eating Behaviour OR Stress
+
Agression OR Foresnics OR Addition
+
Issues & Debates (all paper A2)
learner111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Now that A-levels are linear it won't matter as much because you will be doing the exam for the whole 2 year course at the end of year 13 anyway ( AS don't contribute to the score). However you may find it difficult to catch up with all the new facts and wording in AQA although it wont be that much different. It depends on you as a student really and if you think you can study 2 years of knowledge in 1 year .
hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.11%
1 (69)
13.72%
2 (65)
12.92%
20.48%
20.28%
5 (88)
17.5%

Watched Threads