The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It wasn't meant as a literal quote, but quite.
Reply 81
I am 99.999% sure the child was not abducted.
I am 99.999% sure her parents didn't do it
Original post by unprinted
When parents lose a child through an accident or abduction or murder from outside the family, they often break up. Such an incredible loss will always be seen as the other's fault: 'You should have done more than listen at the door, when you went to check!' 'No, you should have said we'll use the listening service!!' 'Whose idea was this holiday!?!' etc etc etc.

When parents are involved in the death of a child, they usually stay together. The old line about "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" applies, because both of you are in this to the end.

The McCanns are assuredly an exception to this rule, just as this was the one time the dog trained to react to - and only to - the scent of a recently dead human corpse got it wrong when it reacted in their apartment and in their car.

The car which was a rental that the mcanns got 28 days after Maddie disappeared...
Original post by Betelgeuse-
The car which was a rental that the mcanns got 28 days after Maddie disappeared...

*25 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

No-one has ever moved a body that they've concealed somewhere to a better place so it'll never to be discovered, right? And other people move bodies in cars all the time, so it couldn't possibly be that the McCanns did that.
She supported everton
No-one has ever moved a body that they've concealed somewhere to a better place so it'll never to be discovered, right? And other people move bodies in cars all the time, so it couldn't possibly be that the McCanns did that.

The hole in that theory is they had so much media attention it would have been very difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get Mezut Ozil on the case
Original post by hotshot2102
Get Mezut Ozil on the case

He'll need to be found first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look in Kante's pocket
Original post by Underscore__
The hole in that theory is they had so much media attention it would have been very difficult

They had a lot of complaints about their treatment in the press at the Leveson Inquiry. Being pursued around Portugal and Spain a month after Madeleine was last seen alive wasn't one of them, and a look at the various newspaper stories at the time will confirm that they weren't.
I'm 100% sure she was going wild so they drugged her. She then accidentally died, either from the drugs or from some accident in the apartment. They panicked and disposed of her body.

Nobodies ever abducted someone from their residence ?

No one has ever been murdered during a burglary gone wrong?
Nobodies ever abducted someone from their residence ?

Yes, they have. They usually send ransom notes. Let's face it, whatever reason you have for wanting to kidnap a specific three year old girl, picking one you know wakes up and cries - because, according to the McCann version, they'd been watching - and does it just before the parents are about to make another of their regular (but not very frequent) checks isn't smart enough to stay uncaught for ten years.

No one has ever been murdered during a burglary gone wrong?

Yes, they have. They're rarely carried out of the place because if you're carrying a body like that, you're much more likely to be caught (again) and it's a bit hard to argue that you had nothing to do with their death.

Here, are you asking us to believe a burglar went 'Oh ****, I killed the kid. I won't take what I came to steal, I'll take the body. It's not like anyone will notice...'? If so, I've a bridge you must want to buy...
Yes, they have. They usually send ransom notes. Let's face it, whatever reason you have for wanting to kidnap a specific three year old girl, picking one you know wakes up and cries - because, according to the McCann version, they'd been watching - and does it just before the parents are about to make another of their regular (but not very frequent) checks isn't smart enough to stay uncaught for ten years.

Yes, they have. They're rarely carried out of the place because if you're carrying a body like that, you're much more likely to be caught (again) and it's a bit hard to argue that you had nothing to do with their death.

Here, are you asking us to believe a burglar went 'Oh ****, I killed the kid. I won't take what I came to steal, I'll take the body. It's not like anyone will notice...'? If so, I've a bridge you must want to buy...

Carrying a 3 year old in your arms is like the least unusual thing ever. We are not talking about a 3 year old covered in blood or whatever. You think that burglars who set out to steal possessions still care about taking said possessions if they have just likely murdered a child? Sure they could just leave the body behind with the potential evidence of their culpability .

I'm not asking anyone to believe anything I say, I am merely following my own judgement from the info I have of the case. No need to be so arsey it's not a black and white case
(edited 6 years ago)
Carrying a 3 year old in your arms is like the least unusual thing ever. We are not talking about a 3 year old covered in blood or whatever. You think that burglars who set out to steal possessions still care about taking said possessions if they have just likely murdered a child? Sure they could just leave the body behind with the potential evidence of their culpability .

Yep, I've carried a three year old. You get noticed more than when you don't, and if you've just killed them, that's not a good thing. Remember you've been watching the McCanns for days, so if you're spotted carrying a small child when you haven't been seen with one before, it might raise suspicion and that's what you really don't want.

Of course you leave the body behind! You wipe anything that could ID you, get out ASAP, and get away from the scene. You don't slow yourself down and then have the problem of WTF to do with the corpse. Which has left its scent all over you.

Instead, a corpse's scent was found in the apartment and in the care that was hired after she disappeared... clearly because they have a habit of hiring things where dead people have been recently, or Kate McCann repeatedly doesn't clean herself very well after she attends one of her deceased patients days earlier in the UK. (Has anyone checked to see if any of her patients did die in that period between the two trips?)

The possible exception is if you know you killed them via something that's left your DNA all over them. If you did, you'd almost inevitably leave it all over the apartment too, so the sensible thing to do is torch the place, and still leave without the body. Instead, her DNA was found in a car hired after she disappeared... clearly because the McCanns accidentally contaminated it.
Reply 97
@unprinted

Two questions...

1. Have you ever had 'gut feelings' in the past and if so, what proportion of them would you say have you come to realise are true in reality?

2. Have you ever had a 'gut feeling' in this 'missing' child case?
Yep, I've carried a three year old. You get noticed more than when you don't, and if you've just killed them, that's not a good thing. Remember you've been watching the McCanns for days, so if you're spotted carrying a small child when you haven't been seen with one before, it might raise suspicion and that's what you really don't want.

The only time carrying a 3 year old in your arms gets you noticed more is if you are in a place where a 3 year old shouldnt be. Outside nightclubs at 1am etc, not at a family holiday resort. Sleeping children in parents arms late evening/night at holiday resort is most normal least attention arousing thing EVER.

Of course you leave the body behind! You wipe anything that could ID you, get out ASAP, and get away from the scene. You don't slow yourself down and then have the problem of WTF to do with the corpse. Which has left its scent all over you.

"Wipe anything that could ID you" lol mate you're not cleaning up milk on the kitchen worktops. The problem of what to do with the corpse is there regardless, doesnt matter if its scent is on you because nobody is coming looking for you if you get lucky

Instead, a corpse's scent was found in the apartment and in the care that was hired after she disappeared... clearly because they have a habit of hiring things where dead people have been recently, or Kate McCann repeatedly doesn't clean herself very well after she attends one of her deceased patients days earlier in the UK. (Has anyone checked to see if any of her patients did die in that period between the two trips?

Ok lets follow your theory. Kill the child accidently, quickly draw up elaborate and well thought out plan to divert attention. Deliberately bring on huge amount of worldwide media attention immediately... Where did they magically put the body for 25 days? Sniffer dogs would smell that rotting flesh from Australia with Portugals heat. - The risk of moving a month old dead body with the worlds media swirling round... LOL no no not having it

The possible exception is if you know you killed them via something that's left your DNA all over them. If you did, you'd almost inevitably leave it all over the apartment too, so the sensible thing to do is torch the place, and still leave without the body. Instead, her DNA was found in a car hired after she disappeared... clearly because the McCanns accidentally contaminated it.

Its not inevitable you leave it around the apartment though, again were not talking two adults having a violent confrontation. I am imagining a startled Maddie and Burglar stumbling upon each other, he panicks as she screams and cries and covers her mouth and suffocates her. Thats what i envisage

The mccanns have half of Maddies DNA....

Talk me through your theory please!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 99
The only time carrying a 3 year old in your arms gets you noticed more is if you are in a place where a 3 year old shouldnt be. Outside nightclubs at 1am etc, not at a family holiday resort. Sleeping children in parents arms late evening/night at holiday resort is most normal least attention arousing thing EVER.

"Wipe anything that could ID you" lol mate you're not cleaning up milk on the kitchen worktops. The problem of what to do with the corpse is there regardless, doesnt matter if its scent is on you because nobody is coming looking for you if you get lucky

Ok lets follow your theory. Kill the child accidently, quickly draw up elaborate and well thought out plan to divert attention. Deliberately bring on huge amount of worldwide media attention immediately... Where did they magically put the body for 25 days? Sniffer dogs would smell that rotting flesh from Australia with Portugals heat. - The risk of moving a month old dead body with the worlds media swirling round... LOL no no not having it

Its not inevitable you leave it around the apartment though, again were not talking two adults having a violent confrontation. I am imagining a startled Maddie and Burglar stumbling upon each other, he panicks as she screams and cries and covers her mouth and suffocates her. Thats what i envisage

The mccanns have half of Maddies DNA....

Talk me through your theory please!

Well, this thread is getting very intense/analytical/detailed etc...

I still live, after years, with my 'gut feeling' (despite any proof either way) that...

The child was not abducted.

Latest

Trending

Trending