The Student Room Group

plz help with my a level options

I was considering taking:
Maths
Chemistry
Economics
German

For a level, I want to go into finance and trading, or maybe chemical engineering, how do these a levels sound? Any recommendations?
Sounds pretty good however if you were a bit more certain about wanting to do chemical engineering then physics instead of german would be a good idea. That said languages are looked well upon in engineering but deffo not as valuable as another science a-level.
Reply 2
Original post by black1blade
Sounds pretty good however if you were a bit more certain about wanting to do chemical engineering then physics instead of german would be a good idea. That said languages are looked well upon in engineering but deffo not as valuable as another science a-level.

Oh right thanks, i wasnt certain on chemical engineering, but I took chemistry instead of Biology or physics to keep my options open, with these options is it still possible for me to go into law?
Original post by rrz7
Oh right thanks, i wasnt certain on chemical engineering, but I took chemistry instead of Biology or physics to keep my options open, with these options is it still possible for me to go into law?

No idea but yeah you can deffo do chemical engineering with maths and chemistry just not at certain unis.
Reply 4
No idea but yeah you can deffo do chemical engineering with maths and chemistry just not at certain unis.

ohh right thanks :smile:
Original post by rrz7
ohh right thanks :smile:

Also chemistry is best science a-level sans having to remember the practicals and also organic at as. Are you doing separate sciences or just core and additional?
Reply 6
Also chemistry is best science a-level sans having to remember the practicals and also organic at as. Are you doing separate sciences or just core and additional?

i dont know what sixth form im going to yet, but at gcse im doing edexcel igcse double award in science
Original post by rrz7
I was considering taking:
Maths
Chemistry
Economics
German

For a level, I want to go into finance and trading, or maybe chemical engineering, how do these a levels sound? Any recommendations?

I would say that these are good A-Levels for the subjects you want to go in.
Reply 8
Original post by cheesecakelove
I would say that these are good A-Levels for the subjects you want to go in.

Quick Reply

Latest