The Student Room Group

A level choices - help!

Hey! So I'm in year 11 right now, and with my exams coming up my life is constant revision but I've been considering my A-level choices even more lately.

I originally wanted to do any three from psychology, english literature, english language, sociology, or history, but considering they are all essay-heavy topics I wasn't sure if it was for the best.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
my friends take three essay based subjects and they are doing just fine, just make sure that ou actually enjoy what you choose because by the time it gets to revising for exams its hard to revise for a subject you hate. I know that psychology has quite a bit of vocab in it, i would say history is the most essay heavy subject, just go for it
Reply 2
Original post by abiantoinette
my friends take three essay based subjects and they are doing just fine, just make sure that ou actually enjoy what you choose because by the time it gets to revising for exams its hard to revise for a subject you hate. I know that psychology has quite a bit of vocab in it, i would say history is the most essay heavy subject, just go for it

That makes sense, I was concerned about the workload but if I enjoy it I'm sure it won't seem as difficult! Thank you for your help :smile:
English Language is less essay-based than English Lit tbh :wink:
Do you know what you want to study at uni / do as a career?

Quick Reply

Latest