rrz7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay, I havent applied to many sixth forms and missed ALL the deadlines and so i was wondering when i get my GCSE results if they would still take me if I go to the schools with my gcse results. I aim to get 5A*'s 2A's two 8's and one 7. Plz help me xD I dont know how it works, i was thinking of going or emailing my results to st doms woodhouse dr challoners etc. What are the chances of me getting in with these results?
TheOtherSide24
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Honestly, I think you should just go on their websites and check out their 6th from process.
Usually they have contact details/ if not use the school email to enquire.
Once you fill out the form whether online or a from submit/post it.
They'll usually get back to you on whether you've been accepted or not. You'll end up going to an interview just to go over your predicted grades and what subjects you wish to study (career path etcetera).
Once you receive your GCSEs they may ask for you to come in to show them. Then they will confirm/deny your place and subjects for A levels.

This is the process that I went through anyway...hope it helps
rrz7
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheOtherSide24)
Honestly, I think you should just go on their websites and check out their 6th from process.
Usually they have contact details/ if not use the school email to enquire.
Once you fill out the form whether online or a from submit/post it.
They'll usually get back to you on whether you've been accepted or not. You'll end up going to an interview just to go over your predicted grades and what subjects you wish to study (career path etcetera).
Once you receive your GCSEs they may ask for you to come in to show them. Then they will confirm/deny your place and subjects for A levels.

This is the process that I went through anyway...hope it helps
thanks but i was too late for the application process, i missed the deadlines, so shall i just email them asking if i can show them my grade on results day?
TheOtherSide24
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rrz7)
thanks but i was too late for the application process, i missed the deadlines, so shall i just email them asking if i can show them my grade on results day?
Sure, no harm in trying and they might as people cancel all the time.
The sooner you do so the better really
rrz7
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheOtherSide24)
Sure, no harm in trying and they might as people cancel all the time.
The sooner you do so the better really
oh right thanks for the help
TheOtherSide24
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No problem

Hope it all works out for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.53%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.18%

Watched Threads