The Student Room Group

Abusive?

So I've been in a relationship for almost three months now but I'm starting to question whether it's emotionally abusive. Recently I struggled with a problem and came to my boyfriend to talk about it, and once I'd finished talking he said "don't be a f**king p*ssy" this hasn't been the first time, but this problem was one I felt really effected me, so I thought he would at least show some support. Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm finding it strange how I'm being told I need to get "thicker skin" when I've let it be known I need support. Is this normal?
Original post by Ughhh.sarah
So I've been in a relationship for almost three months now but I'm starting to question whether it's emotionally abusive. Recently I struggled with a problem and came to my boyfriend to talk about it, and once I'd finished talking he said "don't be a f**king p*ssy" this hasn't been the first time, but this problem was one I felt really effected me, so I thought he would at least show some support. Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm finding it strange how I'm being told I need to get "thicker skin" when I've let it be known I need support. Is this normal?

No that's not normal you deserve better
No, ^^
Reply 3
No, definitely not right. I would think that he probably doesn't have many feelings for you and is just with you for his benefit. Someone who cares would try and support the person, not brush them off and even basically insult them.
Reply 4
its evidently not a relationship you need. get out before things get worse.
does that SOUND normal to you?

You are definitely not overreacting. I suffer from the exact same issue. If you ever need someone to talk to don't be afraid to pm :smile:

Definitely not a normal reaction for him to have, and doesn't sound like he's worth keeping as a friend, let alone a partner. Your boyfriend should be someone who helps to build you up, not the one to tear you down.
Your boyfriend or anyone who you are in a relationship with should be supportive. If he doesn't take your feelings into consideration then he isn't worth the time. You could try explaining to him you don't think his responses are at all funny or helpful but if he continues then the relationship isn't worth continuing. Love is about supporting each other. Not forcing the other to "get over" something.
This isn't sound healthy. I'd bail if I were you.
Reply 10
Sounds like a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:.

Quick Reply

Latest