The Student Room Group

Have I started GCSE revision too late?

My first exam is in 2 weeks. I mainly have core science B,C,P (1,2,3), 1 maths paper, Macbeth, poetry exam which are my main priorities.
I then have a free week till the rest start.
I honestly don't know why I have done this to myself. I guess I'm going to need to go to school, get home and revise all night for these weeks.
I even did one of the first biology topics today and I spent 4 hours getting half way through that and even then I have 6 more to go.
Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Just so you know , I'm in the same situation as you. But I'm more panicking with English literature as I suck at it. Revise is the only way , to make sure you get the grades, strive
Yes you may have started late, but all that means is this time you have left is more valuable than anything else. Use it wisely. I can't stress enough how important your GCSE's are for you, take your time, make notes and read over them every time before you go to bed! & on the day, don't let your nerves get the better of you, good luck:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Condense your notes to the absolute minimum.
Make flash cards (helps if their asking questions). Answer them out-loud. Go over them again, again and again.
Visualise the information (if you're a visual learner).
Do practise questions from your textbook.
Do mock tests in timed/non-timed conditions.
Look at the areas you didn't do well in - do flash cards/mindmaps/notes/whatever for these areas.

Repeat.
Reply 4
Dont worry too much about it you still have time to know all the knowledge for the exam. First of all make sure that you have a revision timetable laid out and prioritise which of the subjects you're weakest on at this moment of time and revise it by using flashcards, brief notes, videos, mindmaps, pastpapers and going through mark schemes which ever one works best for you. Also make sure that you're revising every day leading to the exam but dont over work yourself and if you dont understand something you have teachers to ask help for like go after school and spend some time with teacher going over a topic that would definitely help. Im also going gcses and mine are starting in 13 days time!! good luck and all the hard work will pay off!! Gosh this is long but hope it helped.

Quick Reply

Latest