The Student Room Group

Spanish Edexcel GCSE Help

Any tips on revision in the final few weeks will be very much appreciated as I am nervous about how they will ask vocab I will not know..
Original post by XxxVxxX
Any tips on revision in the final few weeks will be very much appreciated as I am nervous about how they will ask vocab I will not know..

Languages aren't subjects you can cram in the final moments before exams. And the brutal truth is that you'll always get words you don't know. Just try your best at translating sentences and making sense of them. Don't forget to figure out the tense of the sentence before translating. How have you revised for your speaking exam?
Original post by sivthasan
Languages aren't subjects you can cram in the final moments before exams. And the brutal truth is that you'll always get words you don't know. Just try your best at translating sentences and making sense of them. Don't forget to figure out the tense of the sentence before translating. How have you revised for your speaking exam?

Yes,I have done all my writing and speaking and my teacher is strongly saying it's an A*

I am just nervous that the moment itself,especially the listening will pass too quickly for me to capture the information and will put me off :frown:

I am learning the core vocab and don't find it too difficult, just need to try memorise it!
Original post by XxxVxxX
Yes,I have done all my writing and speaking and my teacher is strongly saying it's an A*

I am just nervous that the moment itself,especially the listening will pass too quickly for me to capture the information and will put me off :frown:

I am learning the core vocab and don't find it too difficult, just need to try memorise it!

Don't worry, you're certainly not alone when it comes to listening exams. Sometimes the narrator speaks so quickly, it goes in one ear and out the other.

This may sound a bit strange, but what works for me is listening to Spanish music before the exams. It helps to prime your ears and gets you in the Spanish groove. Also do a ton of listening papers so that you can recognise certain words if they come up in the exam (use the transcript available online to assist you).

Quick Reply

Latest