The Student Room Group

Red Bull Leipzig

Just saw a documentary about them. They will go far one day. They even have a Michelin starred chef prepare the entire diet for their players (no wheat, no sugar, no pig, little carbs) with the option of taking home a dinner after evening training.

They hired the fitness coach of the German national team, and you can see the results, they are fitter and run more and do well towards the end of the game (which makes me happy, to me fitness is the most important aspect to football, because not everyone can have that amazingly talented players that decide a game on their own, there are very few of those around).

Among st other things, they have cars for their employees, but with reduced horse power and the players must show their driver's license regularly to show they haven't received any points on it.

A far cry from all these young English stars splashing money big time.
Original post by yudothis
Just saw a documentary about them. They will go far one day. They even have a Michelin starred chef prepare the entire diet for their players (no wheat, no sugar, no pig, little carbs) with the option of taking home a dinner after evening training.

They hired the fitness coach of the German national team, and you can see the results, they are fitter and run more and do well towards the end of the game (which makes me happy, to me fitness is the most important aspect to football, because not everyone can have that amazingly talented players that decide a game on their own, there are very few of those around).

Among st other things, they have cars for their employees, but with reduced horse power and the players must show their driver's license regularly to show they haven't received any points on it.

A far cry from all these young English stars splashing money big time.

Yes a great example for the most hated team in Germany.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Yes a great example for the most hated team in Germany.

Jealousness.

I used to hate them, too. Now I think they are great, and this just confirms what I had learned.

If they are hated in Germany, Germany should hate every League team in England. If we want to compete, this kind of thing is what we need.
Jealousness.

I used to hate them, too. Now I think they are great, and this just confirms what I had learned.

If they are hated in Germany, Germany should hate every League team in England. If we want to compete, this kind of thing is what we need.

Why should Germany hate every league team in England?
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Why should Germany hate every league team in England?

If Germany "hates RBL" then by the same logic they should hate teams in English league football.

Maybe that's an overstatement, but at least every PL team bar a few. I mean look at Watford, even they are owned by someone and pay sums of money more than half the Bundesliga could nowhere near afford.
Reply 5
If Germany "hates RBL" then by the same logic they should hate teams in English league football.

Maybe that's an overstatement, but at least every PL team bar a few. I mean look at Watford, even they are owned by someone and pay sums of money more than half the Bundesliga could nowhere near afford.

Yh but German teams arn't competing against PL teams in the league so there is no reason to hate them.
Reply 6
Original post by samir12
Yh but German teams arn't competing against PL teams in the league so there is no reason to hate them.

If you hate the concept, yes, there is.
Reply 7
If you hate the concept, yes, there is.

The concept only applies to the top English teams like City or Chelsea. The average PL club gets most of the money through TV rights nowadays rather than being financially duped by an owner so there is no real advantage over anyone else.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Can't not admire them really.

Moving up through the divisions and topping the Bundesliga earlier on in the season.

They are Champions League standard and didn't throw half as much money at it as Man City and PSG.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by samir12
The concept only applies to the top English teams like City or Chelsea. The average PL club gets most of the money through TV rights nowadays rather than being financially duped by an owner so there is no real advantage over anyone else.

Yes, that is true, but what they hate about RBL is the wiggling around the 50+1 rule. Which PL clubs other than City and Chelsea also break.
Yes, that is true, but what they hate about RBL is the wiggling around the 50+1 rule. Which PL clubs other than City and Chelsea also break.

The 50+1 rule does not exist in the PL so can't see how that is relevent when all the PL clubs have historically always been owned by majority private ownership (I think).

RBL worked around the 50+1 rule to give them a distict advantage over the other German clubs, this essentially is why they are hated and not something that can be applied to the average PL club.
(edited 6 years ago)
I think they will have a negative effect on Dortmund's success rather than Bayern's which is a bit of a shame.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by samir12
The 50+1 rule does not exist in the PL so can't see how that is relevent when all the PL clubs have historically always been owned by majority private ownership (I think).

RBL worked around the 50+1 rule to give them a distict advantage over the other German clubs, this essentially is why they are hated and not something that can be applied to the average PL club.

And the mere fact that it doesn't exist by that logic should make Germans hate these clubs.
And the mere fact that it doesn't exist by that logic should make Germans hate these clubs.

That logic doesn't make sense as the clubs don't make the rules, the football association does. It would be double standard for German clubs to do so anyway as if the 50+1 rule was scrapped they would take that advantage of it themselves. It's the equivalent of hating people from other countries that don't need to follow laws that have been put in place in your own country, as they say, hate the game, not the player.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by samir12
That logic doesn't make sense as the clubs don't make the rules, the football association does. It would be double standard for German clubs to do so anyway as if the 50+1 rule was scrapped they would take that advantage of it themselves. It's the equivalent of hating people from other countries that don't need to follow laws that have been put in place in your own country, as they say, hate the game, not the player.

Yes it does, you are assuming this is solely about the 50+1 rule.

It is not.

It is against the commercialization of football as a whole. And PL clubs are the same in that regard.

ps what complete trite, they didn't before the 50+1 rule was initiated so stating it would happen if it were scrapped is pure conjecture. You are boring now.
Yes it does, you are assuming this is solely about the 50+1 rule.

It is not.

It is against the commercialization of football as a whole. And PL clubs are the same in that regard.

ps what complete trite, they didn't before the 50+1 rule was initiated so stating it would happen if it were scrapped is pure conjecture. You are boring now.

No you were the one who said this was about the 50+1 rule and brought it up in the first place

This essentally goes back to my previous point. the PL clubs are getting money from people watching the PL and not from getting bank rolled by their owners like RBL did, it's not their fault that people want to watch the PL more than a boring Bayern Munich dominated league.

Times change, there is a lot more money in football now then there was before that rule was invented so there wouldn't have been a reason to do so. The PL clubs never had this much money until TV money start getting increased and with the top clubs spending loads of money, they had to follow suit to keep up. I could see the same thing happening in the Bundesliga if the rule was abolished especially now that RBL has starting spending money.

If I'm getting boring then don't bother replying to my posts.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by samir12
No you were the one who said this was about the 50+1 rule and brought it up in the first place

This essentally goes back to my previous point. the PL clubs are getting money from people watching the PL and not from getting bank rolled by their owners like RBL did, it's not their fault that people want to watch the PL more than a boring Bayern Munich dominated league.

Times change, there is a lot more money in football now then there was before that rule was invented so there wouldn't have been a reason to do so. The PL clubs never had this much money until TV money start getting increased and with the top clubs spending loads of money, they had to follow suit to keep up. I could see the same thing happening in the Bundesliga if the rule was abolished especially now that RBL has starting spending money.

If I'm getting boring then don't bother replying to my posts.

Not at all.

No.

No.

Yes, you are right, I will stop replying to someone incapable of delivering a coherent argument and just regurgitates the same falsehoods over and over.
Not at all.

No.

No.

Yes, you are right, I will stop replying to someone incapable of delivering a coherent argument and just regurgitates the same falsehoods over and over.

Says I'm incapable of delivering a coherent arguement, yet replies with "No"

Strong everything.
Can I nominate this for the most autistic poster/thread in the TSR d'Or?

Quick Reply

Latest