The Student Room Group

Please HELP! Need help with GPA calculations- I might owe my sponsor 45000 pounds!

Hi guys,

I am an international student with a scholarship on the condition that I achieve a 2.1 by the end of my degree and if I can’t, I will owe my sponsor 15.000 x 3 pounds! So pretty please can you help me calculate what average I need this semester (or this year) in order to get a 2.1? I am a third year law student and first year does not count.

My grades from second year (which counts towards 33.3% of my final graduation GPA) are as follows:

Jurisprudence- 63 (20 credits)
Land Law- 55 (20 credits)
EU Law -71 (30 credits)
Tort Law- 45 (30 credits)
IP Law- 59 (20 credits)

This year (final year-third year) counts towards 66.6% of my final graduation GPA and all units are 20 credits.

I am taking:
First semester:

Company Law: I got 70
Environmental Law: got 72
Human Rights: got 66

This second semester (now) I am taking 3 other units. So what average should I score between these 3 units in my final semester in order to get a 2.1 in my overall degree?

I know this was a long post but my anxiety has gotten really bad at the moment and my math sucks so if anyone could help calculate this I would be forever grateful! Thank you so so much!
Reply 1
Bear in mind that (a) I am an American who is new to this scoring and (b) I am away from my computer and paper/pencil.
But it looks as though you got 58.5 average last year. At twice the weight, you'd need to average 60.75 this year to score 60 overall. You are well on your way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending