The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

What if you fail a "Core Module" after a refferal year?

I failed to pass a 40 credit module last year and so had to take an additonal year (which I was fine with) to pass it. The year has gone terribly however and as the module asks you to do so many things at once, I've found myself at a loss with it. I did well in every other module of first and second year other than the first year version of this was I was refered for, they gave me a condoned pass last time.

So I am now worried as the hand in is soon and I honestly don't think I can pass it. What happens if you fail a 40 credit module for the second time?

Thanks
Original post by PurpleGlobe
I failed to pass a 40 credit module last year and so had to take an additonal year (which I was fine with) to pass it. The year has gone terribly however and as the module asks you to do so many things at once, I've found myself at a loss with it. I did well in every other module of first and second year other than the first year version of this was I was refered for, they gave me a condoned pass last time.

So I am now worried as the hand in is soon and I honestly don't think I can pass it. What happens if you fail a 40 credit module for the second time?

Thanks

Hi @PurpleGlobe.

Firstly, thanks for getting in touch; you've definitely done the right thing and we're sorry that it's taken us a few days to get back to you.

Do you have a personal tutor or course leader or perhaps another academic that you feel comfortable talking to? It's definitely best to take preventative action, because if you fail a second time then you might be deemed to have failed the course. Therefore we'd advise you to speak to someone in your academic school as soon as you can, as they will be able of offer you lots of help and advice and hopefully put your mind at rest.

For more general support and help with coping with the stresses of student life, there is a Wellbeing and Disability service at the University who offer drop in sessions Monday to Friday at 11am. Their Helpdesk is open every day as well, from 10am until 3pm. They’re based on Level 4 of Student Central. You don’t need to make an appointment, but if you would rather email them first, the address is [email protected].

We hope this helps, but if you have any more queries, then just ask :smile:

Good luck with your studies.

Claire - UoH
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
I have a personal tutor but we haven't spoken for about two years.

And no, I honestly don't feel comfortable talking to anyone on the course anymore.

I do not know where to go from here, every time I attempt to produce the work I fall falt on my face as the module is connected to areas I never came to the course for. It's legitimately forcing me to do work I won't even need to touch in my final year.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PurpleGlobe
I have a personal tutor but we haven't spoken for about two years.

And no, I honestly don't feel comfortable talking to anyone on the course anymore.

I do not know where to go from here, every time I attempt to produce the work I fall falt on my face as the module is connected to areas I never came to the course for. It's legitimately forcing me to do work I won't even need to touch in my final year.

Hi @PurpleGlobe,

We're sorry to hear that you feel that you can't chat through your concerns with your personal tutor or another member of staff.

Our Wellbeing and Disability office run a 'Back on Track' drop in service, which is taking place today at 2pm and there is one at 10am tomorrow. (Next week the drop in service is on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 2pm and Wednesday and Friday at 10am.) The service provides help and support to students who are struggling with any academic or personal issues, so this will give you the opportunity to have a chat with someone about your situation. You don't need to book in advance, you can just turn up.

Alternatively/additionally, some Schools have Support and Guidance Officers, that you could approach, who will then be able to liaise with tutors and offer you guidance on your next steps. If you'd like to go down this route, please email us at [email protected] and we'll be able to check this with your particular School.

We hope this helps and that you are able to reach out to someone to get the right support and advice.

Best wishes,
Claire, UoH
I did not pass my final m sc nursing placement. I have contacted my PAT but I don't know how to go about process of registering as a student. Whom do I need to contact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending