The Student Room Group

Alevel Maths in one year ?

Hi, I'm currently in my first year of college studying my extended diploma in applied science. I'm really interested in physics and would love to study physics or astrophysics at university. I have been checking the entry requirements for universities and they all strongly suggest an Alevel in maths. So I wondering if you knew of any centres or resources that could help me achieve the qualification in a year, without too much of a negative effect on my currently studies ?
I did mine in one year, and was self-taut. I'd suggest you purchase the exam board's recommended textbook, but don't limit yourself to one source of information; it is important to explore a vast range of problems that could possibly feature in your examination paper. For units core 1-4, the Edexcel official textbooks are quite useful, and are complete with practice questions and online solution banks. For mechanics 1 and 2, the past papers are probably the best form of preparation. For statistics, the Edexcel textbook is, once again, pretty good, but you may find the units more interesting if you look beyond the specification for more detailed explanations and proofs. Pennsylvania State University has some good stats resources, and I believe Letts published a book along the lines of "Revise A-Level Mathematics in a Week" which has decent reviews.
(edited 6 years ago)
A few days if you can get the hang of it I still don't know if I'll do well in exams though I'll try my hardest good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest