The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Need help picking a uni!!!

I can't decide between Canturbury Christ Church university and The University of Kent (Medway campus) for a sports science course.

I know that in both the overall uni and sport specific league tables, kent is far higher.

Overall uni:
Kent - 25th
Canturbury - 105th

Sport specific:
Kent - 16th
Canturbury - 68th

But obviously I don't want to base my decision purely on league tables.

When I visited each of the Uni's Kents sports facilities looked far better with lots more equipment. But I'm worried that I may have missed something at Canturbury as it wasn't a guided tour and buildings are located all over the city.

Both of the courses are very similar and I'd be happy to go for each of them.

One thing that does let Kent down for me is the area. There doesn't seem to be anything to do around in Medway. I've also heard it can be a bit rough, although you can get that anywhere.

When that is compared to Canturbury, there is a lovely city with seemingly loads to do there. So is nightlife and area/nightlife really important enough to choose canturbury?

Accommodation and living/ tution fees are also similar.

Sorry for the long question😬😬...

My third issue is The University of Bath. I've received a high offer of which I'm confident I can meet 2 grades but not the other. Not sure whether it's worth risking putting it as my firm. Also I'm not sure if I'd fit in there. I'd rather be at a uni where I feel confident, rather than one of the less intelligent ones with everyone doing better than me if you get what I mean.

Thanks for your time, really appreciate any advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending