CIE A'level P1 maths 9709 any worked solutions yet (2017)?

Watch
Moriheru
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just took my P1 cie A'level 9709/12 pure maths exam and I was wondering if one could already find worked solutions for the exam ... I know this is very close to the exam, but asking can't hurt. Maybe, if no worked solution is available , could anyone direct me to discussions on the exam ( if there are any).
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
x
thebusinessman01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Moriheru)
I just took my P1 cie A'level 9709/12 pure maths exam and I was wondering if one could already find worked solutions for the exam ... I know this is very close to the exam, but asking can't hurt. Maybe, if no worked solution is available , could anyone direct me to discussions on the exam ( if there are any).
https://justpastpapers.com/cie-9709-...r-12-solution/

Hope this is what you're asking for.
Fatma_albaity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What if I got 62/75 in pure 1, will I still manage an A*?
Assuming I get good marks in the other papers (pure 3, mechanics 1, stats 1)
thebusinessman01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fatma_albaity)
What if I got 62/75 in pure 1, will I still manage an A*?
Assuming I get good marks in the other papers (pure 3, mechanics 1, stats 1)
Hello.

It may be harder to get an A* unless you lose very few marks in m1 and s1 and try to get a good grade in p3. However, this mostly depends on the grade threshold. So by all means you should keep working for that A* grade, it's definitely possible
minimistique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did u find the paper? It wasnt THAT easy? idk but I had a lot of mistakes plus it felt tricky to me. I might get 30/75. If i do the other 3 papers well is it possible to get atleast an A or B ?
thebusinessman01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by minimistique)
How did u find the paper? It wasnt THAT easy? idk but I had a lot of mistakes plus it felt tricky to me. I might get 30/75. If i do the other 3 papers well is it possible to get atleast an A or B ?
Hey!

Well, you could get an A if you score really good grades on all the other exams but I'd suggest that you should give a retake if the p1 exam didnt go well. Other than that, you can improve your grade but improving it to the extent of an A will be difficult, B is doable.

Good luck for the future Image
minimistique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thebusinessman01)
Hey!

Well, you could get an A if you score really good grades on all the other exams but I'd suggest that you should give a retake if the p1 exam didnt go well. Other than that, you can improve your grade but improving it to the extent of an A will be difficult, B is doable.

Good luck for the future Image
Thanks a lot for the reply. The m1 too was tricky as a lot of us students felt it was different from the usual pattern. So the overall grade boundaries might decrease. I am still hoping for atleast an A or B somehow. I will work hard and will hope for the best.
thebusinessman01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks a lot for the reply. The m1 too was tricky as a lot of us students felt it was different from the usual pattern. So the overall grade boundaries might decrease. I am still hoping for atleast an A or B somehow. I will work hard and will hope for the best.
Hey again

Just to clarify, I'm a student too. It seemed like you didnt know so

And yes, the M1 was definitely trickier than most papers. The grade threshold of last years october november paper was 35/50 for A so you can expect the threshold to be near that again, maybe even lower.
minimistique
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thebusinessman01)
Hey again

Just to clarify, I'm a student too. It seemed like you didnt know so

And yes, the M1 was definitely trickier than most papers. The grade threshold of last years october november paper was 35/50 for A so you can expect the threshold to be near that again, maybe even lower.
Sorry, the businessman username made me think u might be some kind of an elderly person but thanks again. I might get an A or B on M1 but i wanted to ask since one component's gt is low it wont it affect the whole A/AS level maths combined so wouldnt they keep the general overall gt low too??
thebusinessman01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry, the businessman username made me think u might be some kind of an elderly person but thanks again. I might get an A or B on M1 but i wanted to ask since one component's gt is low it wont it affect the whole A/AS level maths combined so wouldnt they keep the general overall gt low too??
No issues, I should probably change my username too this is a really old account xD
Um no, basically the A grade on the components is what changes the overall grade too. So like, if A in P1 is 60 and M1 is 40, the overall A will always be 100. If you're saying that the gt of P1 gets lower than usual then yeah it might pull down the overall grade threshold as well.
student997
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just asking do you self study or at a college:if so which one. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (778)
42.01%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (365)
19.71%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.48%

Watched Threads