Dropping an unconditional offer after Results Day

Watch
adrianserwin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,

I have 2 options in terms of universities one being Nottingham Trent and the other being Sheffield Hallam. The offer at Sheffield Hallam is an unconditional if I make it my firm choice and the offer at Nottingham is conditional both being BBC. I would prefer to go to Nottingham however I'm worried exam results could go wrong and for me to lose out completely if I chose it as my first choice.

What I wanted to ask is - if I was to choose Sheffield Hallam as my firm choice (therefore making it unconditional) - once I receive my grades on results day and they are good enough (BBC or higher) is it possible to then drop out of this unconditional offer and apply for Nottingham Trent for the following year?

Both of these offers are deferred as I'm going on a gap year and therefore re-applying for next year wouldn't be an issue however I wanted to know if dropping out after results day was even possible.

Thankyou!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adrianserwin)
Hello,

I have 2 options in terms of universities one being Nottingham Trent and the other being Sheffield Hallam. The offer at Sheffield Hallam is an unconditional if I make it my firm choice and the offer at Nottingham is conditional both being BBC. I would prefer to go to Nottingham however I'm worried exam results could go wrong and for me to lose out completely if I chose it as my first choice.

What I wanted to ask is - if I was to choose Sheffield Hallam as my firm choice (therefore making it unconditional) - once I receive my grades on results day and they are good enough (BBC or higher) is it possible to then drop out of this unconditional offer and apply for Nottingham Trent for the following year?

Both of these offers are deferred as I'm going on a gap year and therefore re-applying for next year wouldn't be an issue however I wanted to know if dropping out after results day was even possible.

Thankyou!
Yes it's possible to give up your place after results day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (24)
13.95%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (48)
27.91%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (70)
40.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
14.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.91%

Watched Threads