The Student Room Group

When you don't have an NI number

Hi, I'm applying for student finance for 2017 entry. I hold an indefinite leave to remain/permanent residence visa, therefore I do not have a national insurance number. I've sent all my evidence to student finance already. I tried applying for an NI number but I've been told that I don't need to apply one for student finance??? So will I need an NI number or not to apply? Help please!
Original post by gliitter
Hi, I'm applying for student finance for 2017 entry. I hold an indefinite leave to remain/permanent residence visa, therefore I do not have a national insurance number. I've sent all my evidence to student finance already. I tried applying for an NI number but I've been told that I don't need to apply one for student finance??? So will I need an NI number or not to apply? Help please!

Hi,

You will need a NI number for any loan payments to be made. What happens is you apply as normal without the NI number and submit this to us, we will then assess your application and send you details automatically on how to get the NI number once your application has been approved.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending