The Student Room Group

Not answering questions

When I had one of my mock exams, I didn't know how to answer the first question and i didn't answer the whole paper because I got so irritated. This happened about once in one of my last mock exam and has happened in a few test about 3 or 4 times. I'm worried it'll happen in my real exams. What should I do?
Original post by *Alisha*
When I had one of my mock exams, I didn't know how to answer the first question and i didn't answer the whole paper because I got so irritated. This happened about once in one of my last mock exam and has happened in a few test about 3 or 4 times. I'm worried it'll happen in my real exams. What should I do?

Try to bridge the missing knowledge by going over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would recommend looking over the whole paper (what subject is this?) and picking out the easy questions at first to get yourself to focus. After the easy questions, take your time answering the other ones after careful thought and consideration. I also recommend going through past papers by yourself in exam conditions so you ca get used to the pressure in the exam hall.

No other answer apart more revision.
What subject ? Science is easy to revise, Maths is easy to practise and :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: ENGLISH I failed that redoing it and the exam in one/two day(s) and motivation keeps coming and then going. Just study a lot for each of them. Practise past papers and if you have course work make you didnt :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: that up because I did and now I have to work harder. Everytime I think about failure I lose the little motivation I have so think about success and go to teachers after school and ask them for help. Youtube also helps.
Try and write something. Something which links to the right topic.
i legit skin every question idk and move on to the next one then in the end go back on the ones idk. i think u should do the same
Original post by haseeb_jarral786
I would recommend looking over the whole paper (what subject is this?) and picking out the easy questions at first to get yourself to focus. After the easy questions, take your time answering the other ones after careful thought and consideration. I also recommend going through past papers by yourself in exam conditions so you ca get used to the pressure in the exam hall.

Thank you so much for the advice. This happened in a maths, geography and RE exam. The point about doing practise exams in exam conditions, should I do it in school or in class?
Thank you so much for the advice. This happened in a maths, geography and RE exam. The point about doing practise exams in exam conditions, should I do it in school or in class?

Do you guys have revision lessons? If so, doing it in lessons is probably best as you can get advice from the teacher if you do get stuck.
I would recommend doing it at home but NOT the whole paper. It just tires you out and you lose motivation to revise other things. Section the paper out and do a little every day to build skill on the exam questions.
For things like maths, revision is probably best done on flashcards but your revision technique is dependent on you.
Remember that you are not the only one stressing and many like you and me are in the same position! :smile:
Good luck!!!
I didn't do the same mistake as I did in my mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest