The Student Room Group

URGENT! I don't want to do any of my ucas courses any more! Is it too late??!

I've applied to do optometry, but I really don't want to do it! I chose biological sciences as my back and I'm not too keen on that either. I've had my eye on a dental hygiene and therapy course with looks perfect, as I was originally interested in dentistry. The deadline for choosing your firm option is tomorrow and I don't know what to do. What are my options? I'm so screwed.
You sound very undecided. If it were me I would just concentrate getting the best a level grades I could and reapply next year results in hand.
Reply 2
Original post by pv1999
I've applied to do optometry, but I really don't want to do it! I chose biological sciences as my back and I'm not too keen on that either. I've had my eye on a dental hygiene and therapy course with looks perfect, as I was originally interested in dentistry. The deadline for choosing your firm option is tomorrow and I don't know what to do. What are my options? I'm so screwed.

Could you not defer for a year, get your grades and then reassess? Dental hygiene therapy is a very good career and in the future there is going to be much more need for them.
Is the dental hygiene course on ucas extra? If so maybe try that.
Reply 4
I did the same, but with medicine. In the end I just withdrew all concentrated on getting some work done, re-applied, then travelled the world with 5 unconditional offers lining my pocket. Best decision I ever made!
Reply 5
Original post by pv1999

Do any of your offering universities also have dental hygiene? If so, call and ask if you can change course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont think it will be that easy as you have to interview for dental hygiene as it is very competitive

Quick Reply

Latest