The Student Room Group

Can I sue a teacher for not teaching half the syllabus?

Context: (AS) Teacher hasnt taught quite a lot of topics/and given notes for sociology but she's mentioned that those topics (that she hasnt taught), can come up on the exam.

Everyone in class is confused and stressed since exams are few days away.
What actions can I take against this teacher if we fail because topics that havent been taught come up on the exam?
Original post by Anonymous
Context: (AS) Teacher hasnt taught quite a lot of topics/and given notes for sociology but she's mentioned that those topics (that she hasnt taught), can come up on the exam.

What actions can I take against this teacher if we fail because topics that havent been taught come up on the exam?

Unfortunately, if you've taken it to the head teacher/governors then there's not much else you can do, my sixth form had a real issue with biology but told us we could leave if we wanted to and that was it.
Why didn't you just cover the topics yourself in that case? It's all simple enough to understand. Not all teachers are good at their job, but it is incumbent upon you to engage with your own learning. You'll have known from day one what is on the syllabus. Get off TSR and go and cover those topics.
No you can't there is almost nothing you can do about incompetent teachers you just have to suck it up even if you complain the school won't do anything.
Original post by Anonymous

You would sue the school, but you would have a tough job proving it. If it were me then I would just have filled in any gaps myself. I believe its standard for teachers not to cover the entire syllabus as they cover enough to get you through the exam. You should be focusing on revising. You can consult your barristers after the exams.

You claim she has only taught half?
(edited 6 years ago)
I did the new spec last year and believe me its a huge spec!
I feel sorry for your teacher actually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending