Sophie.cerys
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How do i answer 8 markers??? How many AO1 paragraphs and how many AO3 paragraphs??

(For AS AQA psychology)

Thanks!
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sophie.cerys)
How do i answer 8 markers??? How many AO1 paragraphs and how many AO3 paragraphs??

(For AS AQA psychology)

Thanks!
It's weighted as 4 marks for AO1 and 4 for AO3. It's likely that you'll only be able to write 4 marks worth of description for it anyway as it's usually a subtopic that they ask for (e.g. "Outline and evaluate Bowlby's monotropic theory of attachment") or they might specify in the question what they want you to focus on (e.g. "Discuss variations of Milgram's study and its findings"). For the evalutation, one or two (max) good points is enough. It might even, again, specify what to include in your evaluation (e.g. "Discuss Asch's variations and outline 2 limitations").

If it doesn't guide you in the question, I'd go for a decent sized paragraph for AO1 (throw in lots of key words to boost your mark) and either a very detailed evaluation point or two regular sized points.
Sophie.cerys
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by greghayes)
It's weighted as 4 marks for AO1 and 4 for AO3. It's likely that you'll only be able to write 4 marks worth of description for it anyway as it's usually a subtopic that they ask for (e.g. "Outline and evaluate Bowlby's monotropic theory of attachment" or they might specify in the question what they want you to focus on (e.g. "Discuss variations of Milgram's study and its findings". For the evalutation, one or two (max) good points is enough. It might even, again, specify what to include in your evaluation (e.g. "Discuss Asch's variations and outline 2 limitations".

If it doesn't guide you in the question, I'd go for a decent sized paragraph for AO1 (throw in lots of key words to boost your mark) and either a very detailed evaluation point or two regular sized points.
Thank you!
Aresss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It’s been 3 years and no one replied... Feels bad man. I’m about to do my exam for AS and was looking for the answer here. Pretty sure that you get told how many ao1 paragraphs you need e.g. give 2 limits on ash’s study on conformity. You talk about them and then talk about why they are limits and use terminology (ao3) as long as you cover both points tht should be 2 Ao3 paragraphs in that situation.
carlsssss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Someone replied above It's weighted as 4 marks for AO1 and 4 for AO3. It's likely that you'll only be able to write 4 marks worth of description for it anyway as it's usually a subtopic that they ask for (e.g.
bubble03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's actually weighted as AO1 = 3 marks and AO2/3 = 5 marks. It should be structured the same way as a 16 marker.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
At least two paragraphs
gcse2020(ಠ_ಠ)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Bruh
sumaiya_j
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by gcse2020(ಠ_ಠ))
Bruh
🤣🤣🤣
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (420)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (182)
6.05%
Loneliness (259)
8.6%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.84%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads