iwishicouldfly14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Heya,

I'm currently in Year 12 and taking A Level Physics (OCR B) and was looking for different methods that people use to revise Physics e.g. in terms of reviewing content and going over past papers.

I have read the (oh-so-very-helpful) textbook multiple times, but that obviously isn't that helpful in terms of practise, and I don't know how suitable the old spec past papers would be.
I've also attempted to use Isaac Physics, but I usually either understand the topic, or don't and then poor attenton spam happens and well, I get bore/discouraged quite easily.

So anyone happy with the way they revise Physics and also happy to share how they revise Physics?

(I apologise for the semi-awkwarness of this post, but I seem to be a lot more talented and being awkward (or at least viewing myself as awkward), than at Physics.)
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why are you doing the full a2 in one year?
username3071756
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not doing A levels but my half sister did physics and got an A* last year overall. What I saw her do is get a notebook for physics and condense her notes as much as possible , after that she got A3 paper on each of the topics and wrote formulas and other physics stuff that I can't remember , plus adding information that she is most likely to forget, even sometimes she recorded herself explaining the topics right after she revised for them so anytime she forgets the topics she can go back and understand the video . Weird methods especially since we share a room so is annoying but got her to study engineering
username2269391
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Back in my day, I just watched the Big Bang Theory and eventually passed
AlphaWolfZ
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Here's what I learnt about physics as someone who initially a struggled a fair amount. The thing about physics that differentiates it from other A levels is that it requires much much more practice. Knowing the content only is really not enough so I would advise you to begin practicing as many queation as you possibly can. I do recommend the "Calculations for A-level Physics" book, which has a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: ton of hard questions but with so many tips that it'll make the actual exam seem much easier in comparison. For more realistically similar answers, physicsandmathstutor.com website is a savior with enough questions to get you a sweet A*. Good luck
ChuckNorriss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,

Here are some resources for physics which you may find useful.
A level Physics online (YT Channel)
Think Physics (YT Channel)
DrPhysicsA (YT Channel, A level + GCSE)
Mjlorton (YT Channel, mainly electronics)
Physics Galaxy (YT Channel)
Matt Anderson (YT Channel, San Diego State Uni)
A-Level physics (app, available on the Windows store, nice and interactive)

One thing to keep in mind when deciding which resources to use, I'd advise anyone not to fall into this habit of "oh this person doesn't do my exam board, so I won't use it"

Science is science regardless of exam boards, it's good to get your information from a variety of sources, as some may explain it in a way that suits your way of learning. When doing past papers or reading the spec you'll be able to filter out exactly what you need to know.

Another thing is, if you come across a topic that you find particularly hard to understand, go back to the basics and "lay the foundation".

Best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (813)
42.34%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.69%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed