Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I include this watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have read the paper and found that getting an A in all modules is rare. For my AS results i got AAAA (Maths, F. maths, Economics, Music) and got and A for every module.

My question is that this is probably a desireable thing to have and should I try to persuade my teachers to put this on my references (already been written and one of my AS teachers has left ) or put it in my personal statement, or both?

Finally, is the B i got in general studies worth declaring because I have no teacher, no lessons = no predicition and it wont count towards any offers.

Tom
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Womble548)
    I have read the paper and found that getting an A in all modules is rare. For my AS results i got AAAA (Maths, F. maths, Economics, Music) and got and A for every module.

My question is that this is probably a desireable thing to have and should I try to persuade my teachers to put this on my references (already been written and one of my AS teachers has left ) or put it in my personal statement, or both?

Finally, is the B i got in general studies worth declaring because I have no teacher, no lessons = no predicition and it wont count towards any offers.

Tom
    What are you going to be applying for and where? - sounds like Maths or Econ at Cambridge to me!

ReputationRep:
    Good guess! It is maths at cambridge. Dont know on a colledge yet but want something musical as I play the piano.

Reading the alternative prospectus as I type!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Good guess! It is maths at cambridge. Dont know on a colledge yet but want something musical as I play the piano.

Reading the alternative prospectus as I type!
    You need to log onto the Maths forums here and also get lots of practice on the STEP papers. Clare is reknowned as the musical colleg BUT a) it's very popular and b) the music is almost 'professional' in standard from what I gather. I'd post up a query in the Cambridge Forum once you have narrowed it down to say 4 colleges.

ReputationRep:

Get your teachers to put it in your reference.

And no, I wouldn't bother, because Cambridge don't give a damn about general studies. Though I don't know if you're bound to declare it or something...

ReputationRep:
    You are bound to declare it if certificated. Also, I just made my offer for maths at Clare, Clare being the musical college, so if you apply to Clare PM me and I can talk you through their interview etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.