The Student Room Group

Predictions..

I know, the boring predictions thread again. :rolleyes:
Ive been going through the list of universities and I like to make a sound decision now that i know there's only 5 universities i only can apply to on UCAS.

I guess im worried about my predicted grades but my grades from AS were ABBD and the two Bs just missed the As by just mere 10 marks so I think I can bring it up in the retakes. My tutor wont be making predicted grades for a long while so Im left worrying. :frown:

What do you think my predictions could be? And what grade entries should I focus on ? Ive chosen my universities but im not too sure if Im aiming a bit too high. Its not Oxford or anything like that. Main grade entries Ive chosen are from BBB-ABBs. This is just for my peace of mind for a while, and feel free to slap me if Im overreacting.
Reply 1
No, I think you are on the mark with your choices, and you definitely are not deserving of a slap!

Just a quick question - Did you drop the "D"?

Don't worry because you are being realistic and perhaps modest,
Reply 2
No, I did not drop the 'D'. I personally enjoy Physics as a subject and Im planning to pull my socks up, as I found it hard without the maths lessons but Im taking up maths lessons to help with Physics to bring it up to a B. Thanks for your reply! :smile:

p.s I would welcome more replies, please!
Reply 3
blahbloo, it sounds like your on your way to a good set of A levels but if you want to be sure I'd ask your teachers before you get your application sent off. If you're going for ABB-AAB places there shouldn't be a problem, and if you're predicted a higher grade in the physics you should be fine. My friend's applying to St Andrews and she got three As and a C (which she dropped after AS) but she's been told she still has a very high chance of getting in.
Where are you looking uni-wise?
Sorry for the long post, hope it helped a bit though :biggrin:
Reply 4
You'll be fine - Although work to understand physics - let one let me down and cut the streak:frown:
Reply 5
Thanks for your replies everyone, I am a bit more reassured now! Armed with a good personal statement (hopefully a good reference) and the predicted grades I should be okay..hopefully. :P

Latest

Trending

Trending