The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm doing well, pretty tired from all this revision though, thanks for asking.
How about you?
Ideally, brush after every meal. Realistically, 1-2 times a day.
Personally, 2 times a day: after breakfast and before bed.

Wash hair every morning or every other morning, so approx 5-6 times a week
Teeth yep hair not always. With soap if I ever have to. I get a shower in the sink most of the time. Hot water is expensive and I'm almost against showering.
If you can brush your teeth after each meal or snack that would be fantastic, but often is not realistic. At the very least, brush your teeth twice daily for two minutes and floss with the night brushing. The American Dental Association recommends brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
Reply 5
Teeth twice a day, hair with soap maybe twice a week. Any more and it has a bit of negative effect on my hair and scalp.
Original post by Drez999
There seems to be some 'best advice' as to how many times per day humans should brush their teeth and also conflicting 'best advice' as to how many times per week humans should wash their hair...

I've also noted that different countries/cultures feel/think differently...

How about you?

My hairs in the best condition its ever been in and iv not picked up a brush or used shampoo in nearly a year so ignore it all i say!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by PandaWho
My hairs in the best condition its ever been in and iv not picked up a brush or used shampoo in nearly a year so ignore it all i say!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow!

That sounds cool :smile:
Teeth twice a day after breakfast and before bed.

Shower with hair wash everyday in winter when I get up.

When it gets hot in the summer, then shower twice a day (morning and early evening before dinner) including hair wash.

If it gets really hot in the day (30+ centigrade), I have been known to cool down at night with a cold shower before bed.
Reply 9
Original post by uberteknik
Teeth twice a day after breakfast and before bed.

Shower with hair wash everyday in winter when I get up.

When it gets hot in the summer, then shower twice a day (morning and early evening before dinner) including hair wash.

If it gets really hot in the day (30+ centigrade), I have been known to cool down at night with a cold shower before bed.

I get the 'cool down' shower thing but do you not find that washing your hair so often has a negative outcome for your hair?
Original post by Drez999
I get the 'cool down' shower thing but do you not find that washing your hair so often has a negative outcome for your hair?

Not at all.

I use good quality gentle products and change the brand when the bottle runs out so it doesn't become accustomed so to speak. My hair has natural oils so that helps keep it in good condition without needing conditioner.
Reply 11
Successful dental endodontic treatment in the general dentist’s office is based upon proper case selection.dental-logo-vector2.jpg
Brush teeth twice a day, wash hair every two normally :smile: if I'm really ill both a bit less but that's what I aim for anyway :redface:
Brush teeth twice a day. Wash hair when I shower - how often I shower depends on how the days have gone i.e. how sweaty/dirty I've gotten.
Reply 14
personally - i am in a vicious cycle of greasy hair washing so its everyday./ every other day sp 5-6 times a week
brushing my teeth i aim to do twice a day but sometimes its one because at night i cant be bothered but i use mouthwash tooo

Latest