Could the UK ever become a Muslim majority?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
orton6
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Could the UK ever become a Muslim majority?
SodaSeidon
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
No, the government wouldn’t let it happen. If the UK started leaning towards a Muslim majority, white Brits would start leaving, meaning eventually there would be barely any money left in the country.

I think people need to stop with this Muslim majority propaganda. While I agree Muslim immigration has been too high, it has settled down now. The Muslim population is only 5%. It would take an unprescendented amount of Muslim immigration to become a majority, which definitely isn’t going to happen especially after Brexit is completed.
Allie4
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
don't think so, just because its growing doesn't mean it will overtake. theres A LOT of people to convince!
Sarahsez
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No, the Uk will become a majority atheist country with Islam being the largest religious group.
Sarahsez
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SodaSeidon)
No, the government wouldn’t let it happen. If the UK started leaning towards a Muslim majority, white Brits would start leaving, meaning eventually there would be barely any money left in the country.

I think people need to stop with this Muslim majority propaganda. While I agree Muslim immigration has been too high, it has settled down now. The Muslim population is only 5%. It would take an unprescendented amount of Muslim immigration to become a majority, which definitely isn’t going to happen especially after Brexit is completed.
They have a very high birth rate.
GenialGermanGent
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
That sentence does not make sense.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No, more likely is a majority with no real faith.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No.
Trapz99
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No
ANM775
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
unlikely ...but then again 20 -30 years ago I bet many white people thought in their area of London they would never be a minority either ...and look at things now in some places....
SodaSeidon
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mathemagicien)

However, we will be having large immigration, probably more global immigration since Brexit.
What? Why? Brexit was all about reducing immigration. How will having a 12 point immigration system, aimed at only allowing in the most skilled immigrants, increase immigration after Brexit? The opposite is going to happen.
Dez
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
What? Why? Brexit was all about reducing immigration.
Do you really expect the Tories to reduce immigration? If so I might have some bad news for you…
Sapphire786
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I doubt it. But you never know, in ten years time the situation may have changed, anything can happen, I guess.
Most likely not though.
Sarahsez
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Their birth rate will never exceed ours and if it did the government would cap them to 1 child.
You trust the government? You must be having a laugh!
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
We are more likely to be nuked by NK.
SodaSeidon
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yes, Brexit was largely about immigration (and strangely also about muslim immigration, not that the EU has much to do with our non-EU immigration), which makes it ironic how it will almost certainly result in more unskilled immigration from worse cultures.

The government won't slash immigration, you have been decieved. Despite the Tories' repeated promises, such as Cameron's pledge to slash net immigration to 50,000 per year, immigration has not decreased meaningfully.

UKIP promised an Australian-style immigration system, not the Tories. The Tories won't do anything to stop depressing wages in the UK, that would cut corporations' profits.
The EU has everything to do with our Muslim intake, especially for refugees - they are in total control of their member's refugee intake, fining those who refuse to take them in huge sums of money.
username3110466
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Their birth rate will never exceed ours and if it did the government would cap them to 1 child.
sorry to say m8 but your wrong the uk's birthrate is 1.8 and for the middle east its 3.1
SodaSeidon
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The refugees make up a tiny amount of the muslim immigration... We've taken in, what, a couple thousand refugees - by far the bigger issue is non-EU immigration from muslim countries, something the EU is most certainly not in control of.
(Original post by Naveed-7)
Majority of muslims came from Asia, not the EU.
No they get in through the EU via Turkey --> Greece and then naturalisation. If they came from Asia it basically means we have no immigration standards. If those Muslims got in via Asia why haven't 100 million other Muslims come in from Asia too if they have the same eligibility?

Also the EU controls our refugee intake.
magmad
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The government wouldn't let it happen? Successive governments have already let it happen, as is proved by the fact that by your own admission they already make up 5% of the population (and will probably make up at least 10% within the next ten to 20 years). The fact is that our governments are obsessed with political correctness, are in favour of open borders and high migration, and will never lift a finger to stop admissions by any particular community. By the time the establishment realises what is happening, it will be too late to do anything about it.
.JJ.
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
unlikely ...but then again 20 -30 years ago I bet many white people thought in their area of London they would never be a minority either ...and look at things now in some places....
I Live in London and there is a non-religous majority, even though I live in an area with a high muslim population. It's just people like Katie Hopkins who would have you think otherwise as they want to scapegoat rather than fixing the issues with our social care.

I would agree that we need some ammount of control but we need not worry about a majority.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.83%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.73%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.11%

Watched Threads