The Student Room Group

What GCSE do I need to get me into a good law school?

I'm just picking my GCSE choices but i don't know what I need to be a Lawyer
English,
Math,
ScienCe,
WelSh
And half corCe PE are compulsory
I'm choising history and child development and art. Is there something I should change?
Reply 1
Original post by Katepattinson86
English,
Math,
ScienCe,
WelSh
I'm choising history and child development and art. Is there something I should change?

As far as I'm aware, the unis are more interested in grades than the subjects. A large majority don't even care what you did or got at GCSE
Original post by Katepattinson86
English,
Math,
ScienCe,
WelSh

GCSEs aren't very relevant - it's A levels and further study which is more important.

Having said that, what is 'child development'? Is that a GCSE?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
GCSEs aren't very relevant - it's A levels and further study which is more important.

Having said that, why is 'child development'? Is that a GCSE?

Yes, it's a GCSE. Introduced more recently I believe. More difficult than some would think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moltenmo
Yes, it's a GCSE. Introduced more recently I believe. More difficult than some would think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that. I had no idea it was a GCSE.
You should take humanities/essay-based subjects, as these are the ones you'll need at A-Level. Law degrees usually want a combination of History/Politics/Philosophy/Economics/English etc. However, as long as you've got a couple, then the others don't really matter, as long as they're traditional 'academic' subjects.

Alternatively, you could pick whatever subjects you want, do a degree in anything, and then do a conversion course.

Quick Reply

Latest