Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just went to my GP for depression extending my dissertation for one week , but i dont think that this will help me finish it due to my situation, i didn't want to contact the uni about this because it was really hard for me to admit and i wanted to push thought my final year(i'm studying in Scotland) my only option is maybe deliver and hope i pass or just quit. They won't allow me to do it again i must have at least a grade of E in my final report to do it again in the summer. What should i do?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just went to my GP for depression extending my dissertation for one week , but i dont think that this will help me finish it due to my situation, i didn't want to contact the uni about this because it was really hard for me to admit and i wanted to push thought my final year(i'm studying in Scotland) my only option is maybe deliver and hope i pass or just quit. They won't allow me to do it again i must have at least a grade of E in my final report to do it again in the summer. What should i do?
I'm not sure what you wrote makes sense.

1. You have been to the GP about depression and asking for a sick note to extend your essay for an extra week?

2. You wont or havent contacted the UNi?

If I was in that situation I would fo to my GP and explain the depression and what impact it was having on me and my ability to study. I would tell them I was mistaken in asking for just a week, but was going to put in a request to have an extension to submit my dissertation alter in the summer when I could get on top of the depression. The week I had asked for earlier was insufficient and you realise its not something that is going to go away straight away. Ask him to change the note to reflect that.

I would then use this and talk to your tutor or a student advisor . the aim would be to put in an extenuating circumstances claim to submit the dissertation after the exams or later in the summer. i.e you need a lot longer than a week.

You have nothing to lose and putting in something sub standard now if you have been hampered by depression would be foolish if theres a chance you can get the extension. A low mark could have a significant impact on your degree, so it makes sense to give it a try. Other people will be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.6%
No (154)
74.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed