The Student Room Group

Repeat study if already used - compassionate/medical grounds

Hi

Do SFE offer any additional repeat funding on medical or compassionate grounds? If so how would a student apply for this? The student has already used some or all of a repeat year in the past but at the time did submit evidence of a close bereavement. She is unsure if this has used her repeat year or was given on compassionate grounds. If she did use her repeat year then, can she apply for any further support for a repeat year now on medical grounds?

Many thanks
Original post by LReid09
Hi

Do SFE offer any additional repeat funding on medical or compassionate grounds? If so how would a student apply for this? The student has already used some or all of a repeat year in the past but at the time did submit evidence of a close bereavement. She is unsure if this has used her repeat year or was given on compassionate grounds. If she did use her repeat year then, can she apply for any further support for a repeat year now on medical grounds?

Many thanks

Hi,

Yes students can apply for a further year of support if due to health reasons. They apply as normal either online or on paper, then send in the further evidence to show the health reasons. This can be doctors letters, letter from HEP confirming the situation etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Thanks Erin!

Is this available to apply to in addition to the standard repeat year that is available to students? I assume this is what you mean but I just want to double check that I understand before going back to the student.

Many thanks

Original post by Erin SFE
Hi,

Yes students can apply for a further year of support if due to health reasons. They apply as normal either online or on paper, then send in the further evidence to show the health reasons. This can be doctors letters, letter from HEP confirming the situation etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by LReid09
Thanks Erin!

Is this available to apply to in addition to the standard repeat year that is available to students? I assume this is what you mean but I just want to double check that I understand before going back to the student.

Many thanks

You need to show that you had Compelling Personal Reasons that meant you had to withdraw/fail. You would need to submit evidence of this - this varies depending on what your CPR reasons are, but will be things like medical letters. Where possible, these should show that you had to leave - so ask for a doctor's letter saying "Bob had a poorly toe and so was unable to attend lectures" rather than just "Bob was poorly".

And make sure you submit as much evidence as you can.

You will be informed if your CPR application is successful. This means it's unlikely you had it before without realising. But there's no limit to the amount of times you can be granted CPR, as long as you can prove it each time.
Original post by LReid09
Thanks Erin!

Many thanks

Hi,

Yes this is correct. They can have the standard repeat plus any other years that are due to compelling personal reasons.

Thanks.
Reply 5
Thanks very much!

QUOTE=Erin SFE;71270966]Hi,

Yes this is correct. They can have the standard repeat plus any other years that are due to compelling personal reasons.

Thanks.
Reply 6
Thanks very much Juno!

Original post by Juno
You need to show that you had Compelling Personal Reasons that meant you had to withdraw/fail. You would need to submit evidence of this - this varies depending on what your CPR reasons are, but will be things like medical letters. Where possible, these should show that you had to leave - so ask for a doctor's letter saying "Bob had a poorly toe and so was unable to attend lectures" rather than just "Bob was poorly".

And make sure you submit as much evidence as you can.

You will be informed if your CPR application is successful. This means it's unlikely you had it before without realising. But there's no limit to the amount of times you can be granted CPR, as long as you can prove it each time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending