The Student Room Group

I want to apply to uni but I've only finished my first year in College

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I am a little confused. I am 19 years old and currently working at a bar but I want to start Uni ideally this year or the next (nowhere far, I'm from Hull so I wanna go to Hull Uni). I finished my first year of college last year and left with an A in Law, A in History, C in English and D in accounting. I planned on going back, dropping accounting and continuing with my other 3 subjects but due to family issues I did not return for my second year, instead i got a job and help provide financial help for my family. I DON'T wanna go back to college mainly because I'll be 20 this year (I would have been a third year college student, hated my course in my first year so I completely reset my college courses), I don't wanna start Uni at 21 plus my college that i attended does not accept students over the age of 19 which is annoying. I was looking into doing a University full-time degree program that included a foundation year but I don't know if i qualify for that. I saw it on the Hull uni site but I'm still a little confused as to whether or not i could apply for that. I wanna do Law at uni as my full-time degree but i don't know how the foundation year plays into that or if i can even qualify for that or if i have to finish my second year at a college which i really don't wanna do.
Reply 1
Original post by PJA1997
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I am a little confused. I am 19 years old and currently working at a bar but I want to start Uni ideally this year or the next (nowhere far, I'm from Hull so I wanna go to Hull Uni). I finished my first year of college last year and left with an A in Law, A in History, C in English and D in accounting. I planned on going back, dropping accounting and continuing with my other 3 subjects but due to family issues I did not return for my second year, instead i got a job and help provide financial help for my family. I DON'T wanna go back to college mainly because I'll be 20 this year (I would have been a third year college student, hated my course in my first year so I completely reset my college courses), I don't wanna start Uni at 21 plus my college that i attended does not accept students over the age of 19 which is annoying. I was looking into doing a University full-time degree program that included a foundation year but I don't know if i qualify for that. I saw it on the Hull uni site but I'm still a little confused as to whether or not i could apply for that. I wanna do Law at uni as my full-time degree but i don't know how the foundation year plays into that or if i can even qualify for that or if i have to finish my second year at a college which i really don't wanna do.

So what are your qualifications? For example, are your AACD in A-levels or AS-levels?
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
So what are your qualifications? For example, are your AACD in A-levels or AS-levels?

AACD in A-levels, didn't get to start on my AS. This probably complicates things.
Reply 3
Original post by PJA1997
AACD in A-levels, didn't get to start on my AS. This probably complicates things.

So you have AACD in A-levels... but no AS-levels?

Assuming you did the new linear A-levels that's absolutely fine and normal.

It's not to late to apply via UCAS now. Which course / universities are you considering. It might be worth contacting some to see if they still have places and are accepting "late" applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending