The Student Room Group

CCEA AS3 biology practical exam

Anyone have any predictions/ resources that could help me prepare for AS3 biology tomorrow?
Reply 1
Hi, how u feeling for the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Okdmd46
Hi, how u feeling for the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I think i've done all i can, since no more revision techniques are working lol. Are you sitting the exam too?
I feel like heart dissection will come up cause it's new to the specification
Really. What questions could they ask on that?
No clue haha, I feel like the method in dissecting the heart
Original post by Sarahloretta761
Anyone have any predictions/ resources that could help me prepare for AS3 biology tomorrow?

http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/...?docid=18517-2
Reply 7
i have the as3 exam on the 2nd of may- how do you revise for it
Reply 8
Original post by amydaly
i have the as3 exam on the 2nd of may- how do you revise for it

Hi, i sat the as3 exam last year and we didnt really know what to expect. there is quite alot of as1 and as2 content that appears on it, so make sure you know the theory behind the practical tasks like e.g. observing mitosis cells - be able to draw and identify these cells stuff like that.
Reply 9
The revision study guide is very useful for it you can get it for £10 on amazon and you also get sample questions and stuff.
Reply 10
Original post by CCEA39
The revision study guide is very useful for it you can get it for £10 on amazon and you also get sample questions and stuff.

i just panicked and brought it there now, thanks!
Reply 11
Original post by Okdmd46
Hi, i sat the as3 exam last year and we didnt really know what to expect. there is quite alot of as1 and as2 content that appears on it, so make sure you know the theory behind the practical tasks like e.g. observing mitosis cells - be able to draw and identify these cells stuff like that.

**** i didnt realise that there was as1 and as2 stuff too. Is the paper purely all 1 and 2 mark questions- i feel like we havent went over the theory to the practicals at all
Original post by amydaly
**** i didnt realise that there was as1 and as2 stuff too. Is the paper purely all 1 and 2 mark questions- i feel like we havent went over the theory to the practicals at all

yea the theory behind the practicals is important, like why you do the steps and stuff, use the ccea pratical guide on the website and the texbook or revision guides for what u need to know. No theres 4/5 mark questions. we had a 5 mark on staining cells for mitosis and a 4 mark on the stage micrometer.
Reply 13
Do you guys think that the calibrating the microscope will be on this year? I completely don't understand it :/ It was on last year so let's hope it will not be on.
Original post by CCEA39
Do you guys think that the calibrating the microscope will be on this year? I completely don't understand it :/ It was on last year so let's hope it will not be on.

How did you find the exam?
Reply 15
It was okish, didn't like the last question. What did you say for part b for the last question?
Original post by CCEA39
It was okish, didn't like the last question. What did you say for part b for the last question?

Which questions was that? I completely forget🤭
Reply 17
Original post by Clara997
Which questions was that? I completely forget🤭

It what about the cells that have decreased in size when he went for lunch while they were left on the microscope and we had to give a suggestion why this happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending