The Student Room Group

2 years out of school, what to do next?

So I've been absent from secondary school for the past two years, was high flying student very confident. have gone back at the gcse point and have been put in to study five basic gcse's within the space of 4 weeks from start to finish, just to see what I can do. However at this point I haven't applied to any colleges and all the applications are closed everyone I have spoken to has said they wouldn't take me cause of medical reasons as well as not having a suitable amount of gcse's under my belt, so am feeling ever so stuck after getting through a rough two years to then get back on the horse to just be knocked off again.
Through researching online I stumbled upon taking A-levels independently, which would of course cost but I was just curious as to what this entailed with studying and course work as well as taking the exams. Also as to what places are good to study under or if it really makes a difference?
Hey poppy, are you studying gcses now? I'd probably focus on getting through those before applying to colleges. However, I'm pretty sure it's not quite legal to discriminate against you for medical reasons, there's got to be some way you can petition your local college. It is possible to do A Levels online (I'm planning on fast tracking maths online in my gap year), but it'll be very hard to motivate yourself, so I'd try to go to college if you possibly can. As for coursework, i think it's possible to register as an external candidate at some schools or colleges if they require internal marking.
all the best,
p xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest