How the Party Leaders' Q&A Forum works! Watch

BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

Attachment 647420

Welcome to the 2017 Election Party Leaders' Q&A Forum!

In the lead up to the 2017 General Election, The Student Room have invited the leaders of each major political party to take part in a Q&A here on the site!

In the many conversations students have been having since the election was called, we keep seeing the same message:

Young people don't feel politicians or parties reflect their beliefs.

So this is the place for you to post the questions you'd love to ask the UK's political leaders!

We have invited
Theresa May, Conservatives
Jeremy Corbyn, Labour
Caroline Lucas, Greens
Tim Farron, Liberal Democrats
Nicola Sturgeon, SNP
Paul Nuttall, UKIP

We will ask as many of these questions as possible during the Q&A, and get you the answers you need!

All you need to do is start a thread in this forum, addressing one leader per thread (so start lots if you want to question everyone!).

Happy questioning!

Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is interesting and a great idea too however I doubt many of the leaders will actually accept the invite. Still, I'd love to get some of my questions answered.
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
We will ask as many of these questions as possible during the Q&A, and get you the answers you need
Oh... you're asking the questions, they won't be reading them? Dang - I just wrote a mini essay.
username2553161
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
Oh... you're asking the questions, they won't be reading them? Dang - I just wrote a mini essay.
Ditto!
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Poor Leanne Wood.
BradPennick
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The Admiral)
This is interesting and a great idea too however I doubt many of the leaders will actually accept the invite. Still, I'd love to get some of my questions answered.
Not necessarily. There's over 2 million students in HE in the UK. That's enough to swing a general election, and I expect students are the UK version of the US' Swing States. If I were a party leader I'd definitely agree to it
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BradPennick)
Not necessarily. There's over 2 million students in HE in the UK. That's enough to swing a general election, and I expect students are the UK version of the US' Swing States. If I were a party leader I'd definitely agree to it
Students don't tend to vote in general elections so there is less of a need to sell themselves to this age group. However we will soon see if they turn up or not.
BradPennick
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The Admiral)
Students don't tend to vote in general elections so there is less of a need to sell themselves to this age group. However we will soon see if they turn up or not.
All the more reason for them to do so in my opinion. I expect student votes will jump a bit this election
james813
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Poor Leanne Wood.
Not really, she may have support in north Wales, but isn't a national figure
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by james813)
Not really, she may have support in north Wales, but isn't a national figure
Because Caroline Lucas is definitely a national figure with a third of the number of MPs despite standing in both England and Wales.
james813
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Because Caroline Lucas is definitely a national figure with a third of the number of MPs despite standing in both England and Wales.
Yes, she is. We have a ridiculously undemocratic voting system but the Green Party got 3 times more than Plaid Cymru
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (15)
68.18%
No (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads